Having problems with Ringtone.com?

548 Market St. № 77068
San Francisco, California

Complaints & Reviews

Monthly wireless charges - scam!

I've read some of the other complaints about this scam, however I never even signed up for a "free" ringtone. Subsequently, a fraudulent charge of $9.99 appeared on this month's Verizon Wireless bill as "data". I called Verizon and they gave me the number on the bill which turned out to be for Ringtones.com. First, of course, I had to text (more money) this company at 36726 with the message STOP, then call them at the number Verizon provided which is [protected]. A rather nice man said that he would send me a check (we'll see about that) and all charges would stop. I'm the only one that uses my computer in the house so I have no idea how they got my cell phone number! Hopefully, I'll see that check in a couple of weeks!

• Ho
    hopeful Mar 05, 2009

just so you know-9.99 charges like the one you are talking about are billed as a monthly subscription and not per usage-so sending a txt to them to unsubscribe doesnt cost anything addtl unless you dont have a regular txt pckg

online survey is a scam

while filling out a survey the site asks for a phone number to send a pin # to. I had it sent to my daughter's phone and when she got the text message containing the pin # she called me and told me the numbers, so I entered the number into the box in the survey then the next screen appeared and asked me to buy products. At this point I closed the webpage and did not agree to buy anything. my daughter got a text message a minute later stating her phone account was being charged for a monthly service. this is an online scam.

jim hill

• Ls
    LSallo Oct 15, 2007

This site forces you to register in order to browse the ringtones, but once you register you are billed a NON-refundable fee of $9.99 whether you ever use the service or not. You can cancel the "service" immediately but you will still be billed the $9.99 just for signing onto the website. Don't waste your time or money with ringtone.com!

• Kr
    KRB Nov 03, 2007

I decided to register with Ringtones.com because of the variety of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Needless to say that downloading the ringtones/wallpapers did not work for me after following the instructions. I emailed ringtones several times only to get the standard "someone will contact you within etc... email" and I still haven't received any email - this was about two months ago.

Lesson to be learned - don't trust every website as being legit and this is definitely one that is not!!!

• It
    itsyou Jun 25, 2009

this is in no way an online scam, if you would have read the page before entering the information, or if your daughter would have finished reading the text message before blindly giving you the pin number, you both would have seen that there was charges involved. As it states in the message and on the webpage when entering the pin number that there is charges. Just like anything else in this world maybe you should open your eyes and read what is in front of you.

Charged $9.99 without knowing!

Thought we were downloading a single ring tone and somehow got signed up for music triva text messages for $9.99 a month. Took me 4 months to notice and get if off my bill. Ringtone.com would not refund me even when their own records showed we only got 1 text message in the 4 months. Watch out and read the fine print if use these guys.

mary Jun 28, 2008

I don't want ringtones, nor charges to my account! Beware all!

• St
    Steve Paul Sep 25, 2008

I found $9.99 charge on my bill for 4 months (PREMIUM SERVICES), T-Mobile knows about this. Called 866-313-7157 for customer service they said my daughter had to sign up using a special number or enter from a web page and then enter a confirmation number from a recieved text message. Cost me $40 for 1 text message - beware!

chris Apr 03, 2009

I downloaded a ringtone, and I kept paying my sprint bill. One month I looked at my charges and I have $9.99 chge
    on my bill. Call up sprint and they don't know who it is. I don't text so I look at old text messages, and there it is that
    I was approved for ringtones for $9.99 a month. That message was from dec 08 and i ignored it since i don't text. This company
    is a ripeoff!!!

• Ta
    tanxun Aug 25, 2010

I subscribed Ringtone service on 07/25/2010 but cancelled it immidately after registration. I am sure that I have been unsubscribed from Ringtone.com by their text message. However, to my surprise, I was still charged a monthly fee of $9.99 by this stupid company--ripeoff!!

Scam and cheating!

On 9/7/07 I was online and saw an add "free" ring tones, just click here. To make a long story short I NEVER subscribed to anything and now I have been billed for $19.99. This is the biggest scam!! I urge everyone not to try anything "free". I should have know better. Now Verizon tells me that I must pay this $19.99. I disagree but I have no choice. I have tried and tried to reach someone at Ringtones, but guess they have moved on with my MONEY!!! I am going to the District Attorney with this. There must be a law that protects innocent people!!

mary Jun 28, 2008

I don't want to be charged for something that i don't want. I don't even want ring tones.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices