Revlon / cord exploded off while in use

1 N7938 County Road GMenomonie, WI, United States
Phone: www.april_evenson@yahoo.com

I was straitening my hair with a Revlon flat iron when the cord exploded off where it attatches to the straitener. All of a sudden I heard a loud "POP" noise and saw a fireball next to my head. I dropped the straitener and put my head under running water immediately. My hair did not completely burn off my head, but I now have a large spot where my hair is much shorter than everywhere else. I used to have hair that was all one length--not layered. I have blonde hair that is about 5 inches below my shoulders and it grows very slowly, it is going to take me a long time to get it back to normal. The straitener was not old, damaged or beat up in any way. It must have been something defective. I cannot believe this happened I just don't know how to get ahold of Revlon and find someone that takes care of these kinds of problems. I wonder if this has happened to someone else with this style of straitener, (Revlon "Stylix"), and hopefully get this product checked so this does not happen to someone else.

Revlon