Restaurant.com / Unprofessional and scam-like business procedures

SHAME ON RESTAURANT.COM

READ FIRST!!! BEWARE!!! THE COMPANY DOES HAVE A REFUND POLICY!!!

Restaurant.com is ###!!! I purchased two (2) gift certificates for $100 for one restaurant. I read and understood the special instruction for that particular restaurant. Yet restaurant.com also had THEIR own terms and conditions, which prevents me to use both of my certificate at one time.

I called the customer support line which lead me to a dead end after waiting over 15 minutes. I then proceeded to call the ordering line and to my surprise only a 3 minutes wait. The representative informed me they can only give me an exchange for one of my certificate for a $100 at restaurant.com, yet they cannot just REFUND me my $40.

Unsatisfied with the options the representative gave me I asked nicely to speak with a supervisor/manager. I believe the representative basically gave me the run-a-around answer, "My supervisor is currently on the phone, I can have him/her call you back." I replied, "I will wait, " but that also was unacceptable, I guess they don't have a phone system can place me on HOLD? But when I called the customer support and the phone ordering line, I was miraculously placed on HOLD. So I then asked when I should be expecting a return call back, TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR!!! You got to be kidding me, seriously... I guess if I ran a shady, unprofessional and scam-like company like this, I would have the same company procedures!

If anyone has a similar story please post and reveal this company for what it truly is!