Reliance Home Comfort / furnace rental

3 Cambridge, Ontario, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I had a salesman come to my home and we purchased a rent-to-own furnace (which they now claim doesn't exist, despite what we were told) back in April of 2008. The contract says 84 monthly payments, which have long ago been paid and a residual value of $4, 587. Reliance has kept deducting from my account despite the fact that they have collected more than $5000.00.
When I tried to resolve this by phone I get no where. Finally in an effort to resolve this I paid then an additional $2150 as this was the amount they gave me as a final payout. Now they are sending more bills and want an additional $900. which I refuse to pay.

This is absolutely an example of service in bad faith and it is my hope it can be resolved.

Ch
Aug 22, 2018

Comments

• Le
      16th of Oct, 2018

The EXACT same thing happened to us... The salesperson said rent-to-own as well and I even asked if I could make additional payments on the unit to pay it off faster. Fast forward to the end date and they claim that doesn't exist... I would have just purchased a new furnace outright rather than pay much more than the initial value for something I am still RENTING... What a scam.