Regions Bank checking accntavailable money

Well i'm experiencing something i have never heard of with this bank that's supposed to put ppl first...See Top 10 Worst Companies in Jacksonville, ALWell last month i was traveling the day after xmas stoppedfor gas and my card declined i called regions to see what the issue was they then inform me that because my account had been negative for 21 days they put a hold on my account and even with my direct deposits they will not lift this hold for 48 hrs i explained im stuck on the side of the road no gas and my 2 daughters 6 and 7 years old its cold and what am i to do at that point no money no gas regions basically told me they are sorry but there is nothing they can do to help ...I then say well whats the point of the hold on "my" money they have no answer this bank left me and my girls aside the road cold and hungrythank god for a good stranger that saw my distress and offered his help to get us out of the cold wet weather ...I thank the lord for him everyday because its a crazy world and anything could have happened to me or my girls ...Some customer appreciation rite? Now here this month they repeat the same thing but my bills are behind due to the situation from last month...And i jusy cant afford to wait another 48 hrs i do plan to speak to a lawyer about this.

Comments

•   Jan 23, 2013

Any good attorney will tell you to read the customer agreement you agreed to when you opened your account.

Jan 23, 2013

No bank looks kindly on an overdrawn account. In that respect they're "all the same". Unfortunately a lot of us are living hand-to-mouth these days. You might consider a pre-paid debit account with direct deposit such as AMEX Bluebird. These debit accounts do not let you fall into the traps of a typical checking account, ie no o/d status for 21 days. because you areonly able to spend what you have in the account.

• Ok guys they tell me to go inside an actual branch and make a withdrawl its just card that has the hold but no they cant freeze my money...i tell them the closest branch is 2hrs away and i cant really afford that but they say that's the only way...i make the drive im here now and the teller informs me i can't withdraw money...i dnt have enough gas to get home...wth!

• And fyi i actually went inside the bank to open this acct and no one and i mean no one explained this to me or even mentioned it...so if u mean the info they send in the mail after the acct is already open i didn't get that memo.

Jan 23, 2013

Single Mom: Maybe call next time - don't talk to the rep at the general 800-number - ask for the number to the actual branch and call there... Also, when you open an account, they can't possibly think of all the scenarios how you can get into trouble by screwing up your money. Remember, you did this, not them. Don't fall into the trap of becoming a victim...

• Well after reviewing my accnt and notes from the calls this a.m. the decision was made that i was misinformed and they to had a little miscommunication between the branch office and customer svc line and they did release my card and funds...thank goodness im home now.

• Pa
      Jan 23, 2013

Great news. Now go get a life.

• Paul maybe u should do the same...thanx bye!

Jan 28, 2013

Exactly How Long; I get the feeling any advice given here is going nowhere...