RegCure / Misleading and damaging program

On [protected] at 12:40 PM, I downloaded an evaluation version from www.regcure.com - this guaranteed 100% safety and recommended itself intensely, accrediting some 84 expert developers. On the strength of this I installed and ran the evaluation version - this detected some 1 500 registry errors of various types, a promising result. After this exercise, the program "summary" indicated that "0" that is "zero" changes had been made and nothing had been corrected - this was completely acceptable and I strongly considered purchasing the program - attempting this was however a frustrating trial as entering all my information and double-checking it before submission led to its declaring a non-existent error in this information, and stating that the credit-card transaction could not be processed. Triple-checking the information and resubmission led to the same result - this makes me strongly suspect that this process is a deliberate scam designed to obtain my credit-card information, permission to withdraw finance and to proceed doing so in an illegal manner.

The worst was to come - as the evaluation version, far from "not having made any changes" actually destroyed EVERY file association in my registry - this traumatic event which cost me hours of work, as I have program development material for a scheduled meeting within 24 hrs of this, could not be reversed with a system restore - it had to be corrected individually in relevant programs' global configurations, as also manually in Window's file association pane. I have under pressure of work not yet been able to complete this lengthy forced repair.

My feelings after this are totally poisonous towards this crowd of "experts" who in the forced damage to my file system, in accurate synopsis, amount to not much more than amateur dilettantes in the damage their program does. I will go so far as to actively warn all our students, our fellow lecturers, and anyone involved in computer work at all, seriously against the danger this program poses, as also the clear non-functionality of their transaction software which displays all the hallmarks of seductive theft.

Regcure and its developers can go to hell as far as I am concerned - I would not touch this "100% safe and guaranteed" program with a barge-pole and will warn everyone I encounter against it - this including our extensive international associates.

Frank Valentyn,
Tech. Mgr. De-Stress Refuge Wellness Centre / Centaur Communication Systems

A  12th of Jul, 2008 by
I agree, but disagree totaly. It does more damage than that. You are right. It's useless. It's FREE with a HIGH COST if you want it to work. Some others are AVG 8.0, Spybot: Search And Destroy, and many other PC safety things. And don't trust Windows Genuine Validation, if it appears and you've PAID. If you pay about 6, 000 pounds for a computer, and WGV comes up. They're scamming, ifyou've bought it in a shop. Peronaly I don't trust safety you download off the Internet, or Windows, or about 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the Internet. It's always the "free" ones that say you have X viruses.

ParetoLogic Logo ParetoLogic