RegCure / Software corrupted startup files

I purchased RegCure on 5/19/2007 which promised to optimize my system and correct any registry errors. Internet searches always lead to RegCure so I purchased, installed, and utilized the software. Following the next startup an annoying Error 1706 appeared that took considerable effort to clear, it just kept poping up. The error as it turned out was related to my HP printer. RegCure had erroneously disassociated a startup file resulting in the printer software not functioning correctly, in addition to the Error 1706. Finally after uninstalling the printer software the problem was fixed, this took hours to resolve. Finally, to test whether the errors were the result of RegCure, like an idiot, I ran it again and again RegCure found hundreds of registry and other problems, this was following running the program a few time before. I allowed the software to fix the so called problems and the same Error 1706 occurred demonstrating that it was RegCure. Another issue occurred which I don’t know if it was RegCure or not since I was so focused on the initial error was a hang up during startup of Compaq’s Hotkeys. Since I don’t need or use the Hotkeys I deleted from the startup and that issue was solved. Other than these errors and problems I have not noticed any differences in optimization.

I did delete RegCure (no issues since) and sent an email describing the problem and asked for a refund. RegCure responded thanking me for “My Question” ??? I considered my email a statement. As of this moment I have no response but hope to hear something soon from RegCure.

Comments

• Cl
      20th of May, 2007

Yes I will be asking for a Refund also, Regcure does more damage to a computer than a trogen. Totally has damaged my video card's registry entrys I had to do a full format. It also deletes needed windows reg files.

• Pa
      16th of Jul, 2007

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback about RegCure. Please know that it is not our intent to cause you frustration. Every computer is different so it is impossible for us to give exact information on this without knowing your system.

Registry items listed on the error list can be invalid when associated with non-existing folders or files. However, some entries may be valid. It is recommended that you only remove items that you know are invalid.

RegCure is one of the safest removal tools on the market and it is rare that it will remove something that a user requires but it can happen. RegCure does create a backup and restores easily if something is found to be awry after a cleaning.

If you have requested a refund or technical assistance and have not yet received it, please send another email to support@regcure.com and include your order # and or technical support staff will be delighted to assist you.

Kindest Regards,
    Laura
    Paretologic Customer Support Team.

• Pe
      23rd of Dec, 2007

RegCure did NOT fix the presence of SYSMON.EXE. How could it? The program puts itself in the Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSysmon folder of its own and insinuates itself into your default PJG browser to save all its (many) screen snapshots. Frightening stuff.

I eventually received a refund.

• Ly
      30th of Jul, 2008

To whom this may concern;
    I installed the software on 7-21-08 and on the 23rd I started having problems with my computer and the one program I use all day everyday I can't use. I need some help ASAP...I can't enter anything into this program which is causing me to get behind in my work. I am the CFO of a company and can't preform my duties when my computer is not working properly due to software I downloaded in hopes this would protect my computer not stop me from working. I leave work at 5:00pm eastern time and arrive in the morning at 7:00am. My number if someone can call me is 386-774-8244 x: 223. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could call me and walk me thru getting my computer back to normal.
    Thank you in advance for your prompt attention in this matter.
    Lynnea

• Br
      11th of Nov, 2008

if my reg cure isnt working properly by tomorrow i would like a refund

• Ca
      16th of Feb, 2009

I too downloaded reg cure and it froze my computer. I tried to call immediately...no answer. I e-mailed...no answer until a day or so. i cancelled my order but they refused to refund my money. i never used the product and had to pay to get my computer reconfigured. I would appreciate a refund if anyone from reg cure is reading these comments.

• We
      26th of May, 2009

I as a IT Tech have found many times running RegCure does not like HP Printers, , it always remove what seems to be a file called number 1 and I have to put hp driver disk in to reload this file and then it's ok, , running regcure creast problem again upon reboot..possible others have had this problem. hope this helps someone

• Ke
      19th of Aug, 2009

I to have RegCure[RC] and have had problems with my HP all-in-one printer after running the RC scan. I try to use my HP to scan/copy a document and receive an HP-CUE overflow error. I restore registry back to before RC scan and no longer receive HP-CUE overfow error. You can add HP reg keys to RC "ignore list" so you don't have problems with HP, not a small task as there are many reg keys to go thru after running a RC scan.

• Si
      5th of Oct, 2009

yaaaaaaaa same problrm with me
    never buy regcure
    it is really more than a trojan
    i m unable to scan with my hp all in one
    plz anyone dont use it

• Cu
      6th of Dec, 2009

I downloaded the regcure free trial, cleaned like 20 errors and shut off my computer. The next time I turned my computer on my entire desktop did not load. I had to restore to a previous time point. I would suggest fixing registry issues with rediget. Google registry errors and rediget. Regcure scared the crap out of me.