Redbox / unable to return movies due to a broken kiosk

Oakbrook Terrace, IL, United States

I had two DVDs checked out. The next day, the kiosk broke. Redbox argued with the business over fault for the terminal not working. Their technician is located in Illinois. It took 13 days for the kiosk to be repaired! During this time I had to go to the store daily to see if it was repaired. I called Red Box 866# which is out-sourced to the Philippines. Very long wait time 15 min. for someone to answer, 18 min. call. The rep is pushy to say what has to happen before they hear what the situation is. She then offers 4 free rentals but I pay for the current rental. The kiosk isn't even fixed yet. I insist on removal of the charges and free rentals. She had offered four, I got one code, so $1.50! I return them as soon as it's repaired and get billed for $37.99 more! I call and sit in the queue for 58 minutes and my call gets dumped. I call my financial institution. I call Redbox again, 22 min. CS is pushy, argumentative and resistant to help. I had to demand that they remove the charges. She has to hold to ask her supervisor. They insist on demanding payment for the initial rental and give one free rental. Unbelievable! Unconscionable company. Horrible experience! Their website has no other contact information than that phone #. Google searched an email complaint and found it! Extremely long wait times to get pushy, aloof CS. Not CS friendly AT ALL!!

Na