Red Envelope/FreeShipping.com — stealing money
I made a purchase from The company Red Envelope on 08 December 2009 a pop up window for free shipping showed up so I clicked on it and filled out some info, there was no mention of a monthly payment or I would have closed the window and payed the shipping cost with purchase because I don't do that much online shopping, anyways once I finished I didn't think anything else of it until I just started doing a thorough balance of my check book. Come to find out that the company only listed as red e rwd was listed on my bank invoice for a $14.95 charge dating back to 21 Dec 2009 totaling $897.00!!! I called the number listed on the invoice and it was so shady that the automated message didn't even tell you what company you are calling to cancel a membership that I never knew I had??? After some thorough research I found out that A federal class action law suit accuses Clarus Marketing Group and Provide-Commerce of defrauding online shoppers by enrolling them in a "membership program" that costs $9 to $15 a month if they click on ads offering free shipping with a purchase. Provide-Commerce, based in San Diego, operates "at least five online stores: RedEnvelope, ProFlowers, Cherry Moon Farms, Secret Spoon, and Shari's Berries," according to the complaint.
The class lawsuit demands punitive, treble, special and statutory damages for civil theft, unjust enrichment, fraud and invasion of privacy. They are represented by James Patterson with Harrison Patterson & O'Connor of San Diego.
If this company does not return my money I will start another lawsuit against them. I am active duty Army and will use the full extent of the Federal government against this company stealing money from hard working people!!!
More Red Envelope/FreeShipping.com Complaints & Reviews
- FreeShipping.сom - charged 12.97$ without any reason 
- FreeShipping.сom - no autorization of charge 
- CMG*FreeShipping. C 866-326-0584 CT - unauthorized charges 
- FreeShipping.com - scam for unauthorized charges 
- ICFreeShipping.com - 12.97 per month charge not requested 
- CMGFreeShipping.com - membership fees 
- FreeShipping.сom - charged for no reason 
- FreeShipping.сom - monthly charges
- FreeShipping.сom - charged $12.97 without reason
- IC Free Shipping - charges monly and did not get any service.