RC Willey / Fraudulent Serta Mattress Warranties
Prior to lower lumbar double fusion surgery I purchased an $1800 Serta Pillow Top mattress in 2011 at RC Willey in Orem, UT . I was told that the mattress came with a 10 year warranty.
About 12 months ago the mattress started to sag both horizontally and vertically, became lopsided, and had a huge body impression sag.
Last month I had 4 more levels on my back fused. When I got home from the hospital I couldn't use my bed at all because of the sagging (no support for my back). Because of the lack of support and increased pain I had to go back to the hospital. It was determined the pain was due to a support-failed mattress.
I remembered I had a 10 year warranty on my mattress.
I did a Google search on Serta mattresses and how well they honored their warranties. What I discovered was over 500 complaints how not only how the Serta mattresses had failed within a few years but detailed the Serta warranty scam.
Serta sends out an official mattresses measures who is paid for by Serta. He does a few measurements (not in the area where I experienced the sag failure, takes a few pictures and tells me I will hear back from RC Willey about his report?
Two days later I got a letter fro Serta denying my warranty claim .
I am seriously thinking of initiating a class action suit against Serta and RC Willey as a accomplice in this fraud. The last suit I successfully initiated for cell phone billing fraud (devore vs ATT) resulted in a $5 billion settlement against ATT do a google search to verify.
At this point, don't shop at RC Willey as they are not only aware of this scam but participate in it. And, don't buy Serta mattresses. They seem to fail after a few years and after they do Serta does not honor their warranties.
Steve DeVore, Orem, UT
More RC Willey Complaints & Reviews
- RC Willey - Horrible Customer Service 
- RC Willey - Customer Service 
- RC Willey - Poor customer service! 
- RC Willey - fabric protection 
- RC Willey - Payment allocation screws the customer 
- RC Willey Home Furnishings - ignorant/racist employee 
- RC Willey Home Furnishings - customer service and product quality
- RC Willey Home Furnishings - memorial day sale scam
- RC Willey Home Furnishings - Unethical behaviour, misrepresentation, shoddy merchandise 
- RC Willey - Bar stools made of Press wood