Raymour And Flanigan / horrible quality; awful cust service

1 New Haven, CT, United States Review updated:

Bought 9 pieces of furniture from R&F 1/08, noticed two problems soon after (broken left arm on one sofa, broken right arm on another). After dozens of calls and 4 months of so many failed promises, I still have 2 broken pieces of furniture and no action has been taken to apologize for the problems and repair or replace the furniture. The level of incompetence and ignorance among staff is so shocking; I have never experienced anything like it. There are so many examples of their cluelessness, I will not list them all here. One fellow couldn't figure out how to get a quarter for the parking meter so he couldn't keep his appointment to come in to repair the furniture. A month later, another fellow spent 60 seconds in my home and said, "Can't fix them here. I'll tell my manager." That was weeks ago; not a word from anyone since. How do they sleep at night? I am writing to my attorney general and consumer protection people, but I'm not wildly optimistic given the huge number of complaints I now read on this site.

Comments

• Di
      5th of Jun, 2009

I wish I had thought to read reviews on Raymour and Flanagan before purchasing furniture there. I only purchased two items and had trouble with both. I've never had problems with new furniture I've purchased anywhere else in the 40 years I've been married. The lady answering at the store is friendly, but the follow-up is horrible. Plus - they are quick to take payment for a replacement piece over the phone by credit card, but when they call to tell you the piece had been discontinued, they cannot credit your credit card over the phone! Go figure!!