Rainsoft Water Softener / no money refund from rainsoft!
Another month has gone by and still no one from Rain Soft / Discovery Marketing and Distributing, Inc., has called me back or made an appointment to install the system; nor has there been a refund of my
money which, after 6 months of unsuccessful installation attempts, is all I am asking for (plus the cookware and the free under-sink filter, and the repair of my irrigation system and well).
On April 10, 2006, I agreed to pay $5,000.00 for a Rain Soft water softening system, an air conditioner filter, and under-sink water filter. Refer 5 people. I did. I have not gotten the Cookware as promised. Buy one, get one free under-sink-filter - not gotten, either. FALSE advertising!!!
The first attempt to install the main system resulted in:
1. Broken irrigation lines, valves and wiring in 2 of 4 zones, at one location near my house.
2. Further digging in another attempt to install the unit near my house resulted in uprooting protective fencing just underground that kept puppies from digging up any wiring along the pool area. The twisted
wire fence is still exposed, with potential danger of my dogs breaking a leg, if the dozen or more rocks and stepping stones move, that I placed on the corners and on the sides.
3. On April 28, 2006, Generous Electric of Lake County installed some kind of receptacle and/or plug-in at my well pump. Either they or Discovery Marketing installers broke the hasp for opening the wooden protective covering of the pump switches and the cover for the well controls was missing, as well as no plate for the receptacle, allowing ants and wasps to build nests on my equipment and contacts. A Discovery Marketing representative was here, later that same day (such fast service) to collect their money.
4. A couple weeks after the initial installation, I noticed that my plants were dying. Within minutes after the timer started one of the 4 zones, the well kept shutting down, resulting in no water period anywhere on my property. I found that two of the 4 zones did not come on at all, and the 2 that were left were watering my acreage with softened water, as were my kennel runs that I rinse every day (reduced pressure). NOT. I asked Discovery Marketing to take the unit off my well, since I did not want to pay for salt to remove minerals as it watered my lawn and flowers and trees. Sago palms, magnolia trees, and rose bushes have either died, lost leaves, or turned brown.
A professional irrigation man came out to investigate my irrigation system problems; and since NO ONE has been near my system, except Rain Soft, it was in his professional opinion that the missing 2 zones were a result of the first day when your installers tore up my rock-yard, (covered in 8" of rock) broke the wiring on one zone, and recapped a second zone so close that the valve could not be reconnected. How could Mr. Robert Jones say the broken wires and PVC were pre-existing, when everything worked perfectly, before Rain Soft dug up my yard?
5. The under-sink filter fell off the wall, flooding my house, damaging furniture and rugs in my den, kitchen, and carpet in the adjacent dining room, and water-stain on the wooden floor under the sink. Discovery Marketing sent another installer to mount it back on the wall with longer screws. Discovery Marketing also agreed to replace the under sink floor that is water stained and warped.
After several failed attempts on the part of different installers, Discovery Marketing has not found a way, in over 6 months, to install the unit. I talked to Jason Spinney once, but although others said he was on another line, he did not return my later calls to reschedule the installation or pay the damages to my irrigation system which I had to hire someone to fix. I have repeatedly tried to talk to this man, but he was not available. After 6 months, I feel I should get my money back and damages incurred by your company. My attorney told me not to waste my time calling any more, but document the facts, give you one last chance to refund my money, or I will contact the Better Business Bureau, the TV and radio stations, and go to court to recover my losses.
More Rainsoft Water Softener Complaints & Reviews
- Rainsoft - beware of rainsoft equipment warranty! 
- Rainsoft - predatory and unethical sales techniques! 
- Rainsoft - scam 
- Rain Soft - Hidden fees 
- Rainsoft - need to know 
- Rainsoft - rainsoft system.
- Rainsoft - service
- Rainsoft - water filtration system
- Rain Soft - water softener
- Rain Soft - harassing phone calls