Rainsoft / rude customer service!

115 Easter Dr.Rockwood, TN, United States Review updated:
4.4
My Husband entered to win Bristol Race tix, and we were approached by RainSoft Water Purifying Co. to do an in -home assessment of our water. (What NASCAR and RAINSOFT have in common? I dunno!!) So we made an appt. on a Sat. 2-2-08 (the only day we had available). The Rep. came to our home. He was a nice older man. After a 3 hour demo, we decided to purchase their $5000 system. I was hesitant, but my hubby thought it would be a good investment. Not to mention the 5 years worth of, dish soap, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, bath gel, all purpose cleaner, and maybe another cleaner. Anyway, we told the rep that our credit was horrible. He said "don't worry, they will do what it takes to get you approved." Meanwhile, we waited a week for install. The Rainsoft Co. called our home and left a brief mess. asking us to return the call. We did not, figuring it was just a conformation call. NO more contact was attempted by them. Saturday came, 9, 10, 11, 12 o'clock rolled around, NO RAIN SOFT PEOPLE. Since I was hesitant anyway, I said "Good, Im glad they didn't come." THEY NEVER CALLED BACK TO SAY THEY WERE NOT COMING. THey wasted my time on 2 different days!!! So today, one week later, I called Rain Soft to complain about their lack of information/communication to us THE BUYER. BO, the office manager, was immediately angry, says that he called and left several messages, then admitted to only one call made, which offered no detail. I read the complaints about rainsoft BEFORE the install was to happen and was that much more against it. (the price I should say) And I learned that many other people were as disgusted as me. I also learned the their are many systems on EBAY from UNHAPPY RAINSOFT CUSTOMERS. I found a system for $600 and he was giving all the soaps. Bo, the office man, hung up on me while shouting at me, I called back to let him know I was posting this complaint online and calling their main Office, He said "Good, you do that" and he DID NOT KNOW THE NUMBER TO THE MAIN OFFICE, HE TOLD ME TO GET IT ONLINE. My money spends like everyone else's. I could have paid for the system right then, but I am so glad it was never installed. You can get many other water softening systems for far less!!! Try your local home improvement stores before buying this system to compare the quality of other companies. Thank goodness for online postings to the consumer.

Comments

Ma
  26th of Feb, 2008
I was looking through some customer service ratings for rainsoft and came across your comments. First of all, I want to apologize for the rudeness you experienced with your dealer. I myself sell the systems and haven't had any major issues with customer complaints. I think a lot of it has to do with the dealership. I completely understand your frustration and really don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I would be the exact same way if it had happened to me that way. I just want to let you know that the dealership has a great deal to do with your satisfaction rate. Poor salesmanship, faulty installation and functionality of system, and customer service can all be directly related to the poor quality of the dealership. I know that there are a lot of people who aren't happy with the system; however, the are multitudes more that view the system as one of the wisest puchases they have ever made. My point is that while your experience and assessment is 100% accurate, it really shouldn't be generalized to the whole company. I understand that people are much more likely to voice a complaint than a praise. There is nothing wrong with that, its just the way the human mind works. I assure you that there are millions of satisfied rainsoft customers with maybe a few thousand that are completely unhappy. That happens in every business. I am so sorry you had a bad experience with us, and I hope whoever did you wrong doesn't have a job much longer. Thank you for expressing your distaste with the company. It will help us learn from our mistakes and fix them. Anyway, enough rambling on my part. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Matt
with rainsoft
De
  26th of Jun, 2008
A few years ago, I called the Miami Florida Rainsoft distrb. for sevice on my unit. Appointments were made but never kept. I was not opening my business to wait all day for a technician that never showed up or never got a callback from the office to say he wouldn't be there. My calls were quickly dismissed and I was given another appt...another no show.

Finally I searched the net and found a phone# in Texas where they manufactured the product. I got a factory worker there to call the service dept. in Miami on my behalf. More customer service from him than I was getting from Rainsoft. The next day the manager from Miami called, was upset, rude, and gave me a litany of excuses I had already heard.
Last week I needed service again.

Why was I not surprised?
Yesterday, 8-10 am...no technician. Call to the office...he'll be there between 4-6pm. Call to the office at 5:30...they work up to 8 pm. To the present...no technician. A call to the office today...the technician was sick yesterday...I've heard that one before, twice a few years ago; I didn't believe it then and I don't now...You'll have to talk to the manager...O.K...he's not in...can I ask you, If the technician would have showed up and I wasn't there would you charge me a service call?...Yes, if it was a scheduled service call you would be charged...what recourse do I have to recoup the time and $ I am wasting...you'll have to talk to the manager...you said he wasn't there...call back tomorrow; would you like me to set you up with another appointment for service?...Why am I not surprised.

I called Aquion Water Treatment Products 847-437-9400 and talked to someone in the RainsoftDiv/customer service. They said they would send a letter/email to the Miami Office service dept. (which is really somewhere in Orlando) immediately. We'll see what happens.
Bo
  27th of Sep, 2010
My husband and I had a similar experience with Rainsoft here in Orlando, FL. We were treated with amazing rudeness by 2 managers and were promised a gift card from HOME DEPOT which was never mailed to our home. A Home Depot manager told us that there had been similar complaints and that it was his opinion that they shouldn't be representing the store.

We are getting the last laugh there though: a consumer advocate group here in Orlando is having group members from 3 major counties in Orlando call and book appointments with Rainsoft weekly. When the representative shows up, they will be turned away at the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry last minute--since they lie about bringing along a 50$ gift card for Home Depot. How much will this cost the company? Hmmmmmm

The manager to be wary of is Nils Bean located at the Edgewater, Orlando office. And avoid the guy with the clip board at the Clermont, FL HOME DEPOT.

RainSoft Logo RainSoft