Radio Shackservice

I purchased a cell phone and the insurance on my phone, in California. I then moved to Arizona and shortly after my phone started acting up so I took it back to Radio Shack and per their policy they were going to ship it back to the warranty department and then send me a gift card (via email) to purchase a new phone. I did all the leg work and created the claim. All I needed to do was return it to the store (off Bell Road in Surprise) and they would overnight it for me. I dropped it off Sunday night and was told it will go out Monday and I would have my gift card Monday evening, Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday rolls around and still no card so I called the store. They had no information so they were going to check on it for me and call me back. 20 minutes later no response so I called them back. Turns out the person who took in my phone lost my information and never printed the FedEx air-bill so my phone was just sitting there. There was no real apology or going the extra mile. I am now hostage to Radio Shack and will not have any time to get a replacement phone for at least 2 weeks. This has been the WORST experience ever and I will definitely not do business with Radio Shack again. They totally dropped the ball and offered no solution aside from taking the package to a FedEx drop off, which was NEXT DOOR to their store after I offered to come down and do all the legwork for them. Even at that I will not get my gift card until it's basically too late. At this point, i would rather the money back instead of a gift card because I do not wish to spend another dime at any Radio Shack Store.

Comments

• Ho
      Oct 10, 2009

the owner of the store greg did not want to come the 50 miles to service my 50 in tv after the sales man asured me if i bought the tv they would. the salesman told me not to buy from walmart or bestbuy becouse thry would not service the owner was rude abusive swearing all over warenty work. greg stated that lg would only give him so much travel money. they wanted the sale but never intended to service the tv

• Ev
      Sep 11, 2010

While at radio shack today I was waiting to check out, I was asked by one employe if I needed anything I said, no, well when I finally needed help, that one nice guy was busy, but there was "jake" who was just walking around playing on his cell phone, he didnt even noticed I was standing at the register I made a comment to him, "so, do you work here (which I knew he did he was in uniform) or are you going to play on your phone all day"His response was "oh I didnt even notice anyone was standing there" I believe that with the way the economy is now, there are plenty of people who would gladly help your customers.I am very disappointment with my service today, and I hope something is done about it!
    THIS HAPPENED ON, AND THE NAME OF THE EMPLOYEE
    JAKE employee ID 612,
    on Sept. 11, 2010 at 12:57 pm,
    store contact # [protected]

• Po
      Dec 29, 2010

Sales people do not go out and do the repairs ourselves. We send our technicians out and do them. They get paid through Radioshack and no one else.

• My
      Dec 29, 2010

As a Ex-worker for Radioshack. I can tell you that Portboy is correct. The salesmen/Women do NOT service the T.V.s. We are trained to show you the number to call if something happens. Back when i worked it was a little paper pamflit black in color that had "WARRENTY" on the front. In said paper had a number. This is the number you should have called. Not the store in which you bought it.

Jan 25, 2012

Okay, Pissed at Radioshack.
    Point 1. Yes, the employee did mess up. A stupid mistake.
    Point 2. If they or you log into www.returnmyitem.com, with the authoring number, you / they can print out the shipping lable.

Now, if you / they get the package shipped 1 day late, as soon as the FED-EX driver scans the shipping label, your card is processed right away. Check your email for the message with your gift card number now.

Why you think you are "hostage to Radio Shack and will not have any time to get a replacement phone for at least 2 weeks" is a pure BS statement.

Bottom line, yes the employee messed up, if it was shipped the next day, that's not two weeks. Calm down, redeem your card, get your phone and move on. I'm sure the kid feels bad for making a mistake, his boss will take care of his punishment.

• Pi
      Jan 25, 2012

Thanks for your comment. I do agree with you and in normal circumstances would have NO problem but I deliberately planned returning my phone around the ONLY 2 days off I get. I let the rep know that and discussed my options with the warranty department and chose to return my phone at this time, so it does not affect me or work because I use this phone for work. I will NOT have another day off for another 2 weeks and I need the phone for work. I work 12 - 13 hour days and do not have time during the day or even evening to swing by a store to pick up my replacement. Hence the reason I planned everything around my only two days off. I did my research, I knew how this worked and made sure to give myself 2 days to get the gift card. At this point I do not have my work phone and have been reprimanded. So I do appreciate your comment but perhaps you should consider why I am so frustrated rather than assuming I’m just out to bash Radio Shack. You know what they say about assuming…

Jan 26, 2012

Last reply. Makes it a bit clearer.

Some ideas for you, ask your carrier how to forward your cell number to a lineline where you are. It's easy.

If that won't work, Go to 7-11 (open late) pick up a cheap tracfone, 9.99, put a $20 airtime card, then have your cell number forwarded to the tracfone number.

Best of luck.

Jan 26, 2012

I understand your last reply. Makes it a bit clearer.

Some ideas for you, ask your carrier how to forward your number to a lineline where you are. It's easy.

If that won't work, Go to 7-11 (open late) pick up a cheap tracfone, 9.99, put a $20 airtime card, then have your number forwarded to the tracfone number.

Best of luck.

• St
      Mar 15, 2012

Go ahead buy the replacement phone. When you receive your gift card bring the packaging and the receipt back into the store. We will return the cash (or put back on your card) and will redeem the gift card for the phone you all ready bought. There will be no issues as long as the return is done with in 30 days.

Sep 19, 2012

I couldnt agree more with you pissed at radio shack. I turned my phone into them on the 29th of August. And am still waiting for my gift card. Everytimr i call i get the run around. First they say 2-3 business days. I heard that 3 times. Then i get told 3-5 business days. so i waited again. when nothing happened i was told 5-10 business days. I also use my phone for business. and dont tell me to switch my phone to a landline shacker. Radio Shack needs to honor their commitments and do what they say. And im not going to go spend money for a trac phone. Thats just ridiculous. like Radio Shacks Warranty. I used to have no problems with Radio Shack. But they are becomming more and more dishonorable!!!