Radio Shack / no rebate received!

I purchase a TV from local Radio Shack less than 30 days ago. The TV came with a $200.00 Rebate. Well to make a long story short my Wife threw the Box out before I could get the UPC Code.

In order to get the refund u need the Original UPC Code from the Box. I emailed the rebate center and they in essence said too bad. They did verify that the UPC Code is on the receipt and they are requesting the UPC Code to prevent Fraud. I explained to them that I would provide any document they needed to prove that this was a valid claim incl. the Radio Shack Credit Card statement that I had opened the same day i made the purchase. I understand that they have certain requirements but the Bottom line is that it is only ONE UPC Code per rebate. Is there anything that I can do or am I SOL! I thought about going to Small Claims Court and filing a Claim! Thanks for any info you can give Good or bad!!!

Va

Comments

• Mm
      25th of Feb, 2007

I purchased a Sirius Receiver and Boombox from Radio Shack on 12/8/06 as a Christmas gift. The Receiver had a Sirius rebate which I have received. The Boom Box had a $40 Radio Shack Rebate. The paperwork indicated that purchase had to be made by 12/31/06. Everything was submitted in accordance with their forms but I received a letter stating the purchase was made outside of the purchase period which they stated was 12/03/06. The date 12/31/06 is in 2 places on the rebate form. I re-submitted and am still waiting for a response. Anyone else have this problem?

• Ra
      26th of Jul, 2007

Moral of the story: DON'T THROW OUT THE BOX and then blame us for your shortcomings, when it was YOU that lost the UPC code.

• La
      11th of Mar, 2008

Hello. I perchased 2 items from radio shack on december 14 2007..both items came with seperate rebate offers. The dvd vcr combo came with 10$ mial in rebate..the second item 5.1 mp camcoder came with 30$ mial in rebate..i filled out all paper work perfictly and taped upc code on the reciepts and mialed them off on december 17 2007..both offers was denied..the 10$ rebate was denied and not returned to me the paper work..the second offer was also denied and i did recieve paper work back on that one with a letter say sorry but incomplete..after several trips back to the store where i perchesed items and a conversation with rebate department on the phone i was told that would be approved for both rebates..i did recieve the 10$ rebate on march 10th..agian i called rebate department and asked about the 30$ rebate and was told by a radio shack rebate rep..that there was never such a rebate for the product..radio shack lied to me..i did email radio shack on this problem and was told i did not allow enough time to be processed..and asked me not to email them back because it would only slow down the process..how can they process my information if they mailed it back to me..

• Po
      29th of Dec, 2010

TA I really hope you haven't tried to take this to small claims court because you would get NOTHING for it. It was your wife that threw the box away that had the UPC on it NOT radioshack. That'd just be a waste of time.