Quicken Loans / stole $400.00 from me

1 1420 wayne st.Sandusky, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 419-626-0776

quicken loans told me that they needed $400.00 for appraiseall fee.they never asked if i had any safety issues with my home.they did ask if i had peeling paint on my house, and other issues, but never asked if i had second story flat roof with a door leading to it.the door has dead bolt keyed inside and outside.which my insurance told me to do.well the appraiser told quicken loans i had patio without a handrail i told quicken loans that it's not a patio and told them its used only for fire escape in which i have ladder up there all the time.the cost for hand rail about $2, 000 and once you start disrupting and walking on a flat you pretty much have to replace the whole thing.cost $2, .000. $4, 000 total.for handrail and roof.iwas disqualfied and was ripped-off $400.

To
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Ea
      28th of Aug, 2013

That is a very specific and unusual addition to your home. $400 is the charge for the appraisal. From the sounds of it, you actually had an appraisal done. You cannot expect the appraiser to work for free - that money was given to them for their services. It would be the same as paying $200 for an inspection. If the inspection came back bad and you decided not to purchase the home, would you expect the inspector to have worked for free? No. It is the same concept.

• Ha
      21st of Mar, 2016

Quicken also asked me for $400 for Good Faith depositl then they denied my loan but they gave me back $299.14. Here is an email replied by Steve Rerouk:
    Tom,

The Good Faith deposit is returned minus the cost of the credit report and any appraisal fees.

An amount of $299.14 was refunded on 3/14/16.

They charged me for credit report and appraisal fees which they never appraisail on the house before they denied my loan. They check my credit report before they pre-approve my loan. I should never ever go back to Quicken Loan again. You never knew what they're up to.