Qantas / hidden charges

Australia Review updated:

QANTAS offers promotion to fly between Singapore and Brisbane. I was instantly fooled by the airlines with a search on their flight and came up an airfare quite hard to resist. Once confirmed, that was the beginning of the nightmare. Seat selection cost extra minimum of $25 EACH WAY, Carbon offsetting suddenly become customer responsibility to pay for it (it was chosen as an option without clicking on it), travel insurance cost more than the Two way travel fee!!! Backed out of the deal and chosen a refund, but given a voucher instead. To rebook, there is a $150 ADDITIONAL FEE online, $200 over the phone! TO CANCEL, it Was A $400 CANCELLATION FEE. Well done, Australia! That is how you get yourself out of financial crisis by charging on the customers. I have bite the bullet to recancel the booking, doesn't wanna care about my AUD1000, went to Emirates, booked another ticket, which got me free seat selection, only $75 change fee and FREE rebooking!

Vi
Jan 21, 2015

Comments

• Kh
      4th of Nov, 2008
    Qantas - Tiger Temple tours
    Qantas
    Thailand

I understand that Qantas are advertising tours of this establishment.
    I think this is a highly dubious offer especially in the light of this report from 2007/8

- http://www.careforthewild.com/files/Tiger_Temple_ThaiVersion_Final.pdf