[Resolved] Purolator / repeated failure to deliver

Canada

2/2/18 - I was notified that my package was to be delivered that day, I left work early in order to be home for the delivery. I waited, the delivery never showed up. I contacted Purolator, and was told an investigation would be opened and that I would be contacted about both what went wrong and when I would be able to expect this package.

2/5/18 - The first time that I hear from the customer service representative is to be told that the package is about to be delivered, this is around 10AM. I'm not home, since I was never notified that this would be the day for delivery, and as such I miss the driver. The driver does not leave a delivery slip, so even if I had the means to go and pick up this package, I wouldn't be able to. After repeated back and forth with the CSR, I finally got her to reschedule the delivery for Thursday, 2/8/18

2/7/18 - It snows, however all roads are plowed before 2/8/18

2/8/18 - This time my fiancee is the one who stays home waiting for this package. The tracking is updated to indicate the package is on the truck, however, yet again, the package does not show up.
2/8/18 - I contact Purolator again, and am told that they didn't deliver due to weather. That they will deliver tomorrow, but that they have no idea what time. I tell the CSR that it needs to be in the morning, since I can't keep taking days off of work to wait for a package that does not show up, and the CSR says that the best that I can do is to call in the morning and they will try to get in touch with the driver then.

2/9/18 - I call in the morning, and am told that the package isn't even on the truck, but that the delivery driver will call when it is. An hour later and still no information, I contact Purolator again, and again, no the package isn't on the truck, I have to wait until 10 to find out if they've even bothered to load it onto the truck. So I'm missing work, again, in order to wait for this delivery.

What I would like if for Purolator to 1 - actually deliver my package, or at least be honest about when they are going to bother to try and 2 - to never receive another Purolator package for the rest of my life.
I've been in contact with Amazon and will continue to update them, as this reflects poorly on them as well. Additionally, I'll be making sure that I personally never use Purolator again, and push for my work to avoid Purolator at all costs as well.

I honestly don't understand how this company is still in business, they are the absolute worst. I would pay thousands of dollars in shipping if it meant I never had to deal with Purolator again.

• Resolution statement

• Purolator Customer Care's Response, Feb 09, 2018

Hello Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback your experience. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Would it be possible to email your tracking number to customer.[protected]@purolator.com so that we can follow up on this? Notices of delivery should be left if there is a secure location to do so, but please note that it is not needed to pickup a shipment. Only the tracking number and a piece of photo ID with address are required.

Vincent