Purolator / delivery "hidden on property" because I wasn't home to answer the door
It's like delivery by Easter Bunny. I was informed by customer service that if there was no answer at the door the driver would hide the package, I'm assuming for my protection (in a barbecue, under a bush, etc).
There was no correspondence to let me know it had been delivered or where it was left. It was delivered to "somewhere on my property" on October 7, and on November 1 I was still wondering where it was.
When I called, I was given a trace # (4451923) and told someone would contact me by email with the place of the delivery.
The next day I got an email asking me for more information : "May we confirm if any additional unit # or business name would have been required? May we also have a description of the delivery item in the event that this may help our driver recall details at time of delivery?". So ... they're going to have to ask the driver if he remembers the delivery. Not, "ask the driver, who writes these things down in a log", ask him if he remembers.
When I answered the email I got a response saying the person was on holidays, so I had to call Purolator again to ask about it. I was informed it must have been a mistake.
This is possibly the worst delivery system I've ever experienced. We should not be required to play treasure hunt to get out packages.
1. Customers should be informed that a delivery has been made and where it has been put.
2. Drivers should keep a log of where they put packages, so when one is lost we don't have to depend on a vague memory from weeks back.
3. I'm a little concerned that packages may be damaged from being "left under a bush", etc. It's been raining here for the last 3 weeks, are they waterproof? If it's food, would it not be susceptible to vermin?
More Purolator Complaints & Reviews
- Purolator Canada - purolator canada - sucks, incompetent, lazy drivers, no customer service, seniors hide 
- Purolator Canada - bad service 
- Purolator Canada - ridiculous policies - or incompetent employees? 
- Purolator - poor delivery service and tracking 
- Purolator Canada - lost packages - again! 
- [Resolved] Purolator - courier service
- Purolator - delivery / pick up service
- Purolator - terrible customer service! 
- Purolator - delivery delay and ridiculous customer service
- Purolator - terrible purolator delivery service