PuppyFind / debbie mason

1 MO, United States Review updated:

Please read before adopting a puppy through puppyfind.com/debbie mason!

I have recently adopted a puppy through debbie mason on puppyfind.com and within the first 48 hours of having him I have come to discover that he is in very poor health and will need intensive care to be nursed back to health. The vet I took him to told me that he had parvo disease which is a very serious viral infection that attacks the dogs white blood cells, intestinal tract and the heart muscles. It is highly contageous and can be fatal to young puppies esp. Dachshunds!

Debbie was very quick at responding and answering any and all questions before the transaction was finished, answering emails and phone calls and sending several each day before we wired her the payment. Once she received the payment she became completely negligent about taking responsibility for the sick puppy (Which she is responsible for within the first 48 hours according to her puppy health agreement) she has provided no legal documentation for the puppy's health exam other then a piece of paper stating that he has had shots up to 8 weeks which is how old he is, however there was no stamp of approval or agreement from a vetinary nor a phone number to call to be sure that it even exists.

Debbie has been responding very rarely via email, and has not taken or returned any of my phone calls since being notified about the puppy's illness. She has continually given excuses as to why she hasnt responded to my calls.
I advise any pet lover to use caution before adopting, especially due to a case like this! Anyone who adopts from her at this point may be at risk of adopting a very sick puppy!!!
Thank you.

Ba

Comments

• Cs
      16th of Aug, 2011

Greetings,
    My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I attempted to contact the complainant about this situation almost two months ago and have received no reply from 'Baddog'. Although it has been a while since everything took place, it is my hope that the complainant can contact us about this situation. It is unfortunate to discover that they had a bad experience with someone that they met through our services, but it is our hope that those viewing this complaint can understand that Puppyfind.com does not endorse the activities of the breeder that have been alleged by the complainant. Although our website does not assist in any meetings, agreements, transactions, or shipments made between the buyer and the breeder, we do desire our website to be a place where people can safely come to view puppies made available by the breeders who utilize our services. We supply Buyer Tips to everyone interested in getting a puppy so they can have an idea of what to ask of the breeder, and to get ideas on how to protect themselves when making online purchases. We offer a review section for buyers to leave comments about their experiences with the breeders on the site, and our Fraud Department is working day and night to find and remove scammers that may appear on the website. Additionally, when we hear about situations such as the complainants, we want to assist to the best of our abilities. If a buyer or a breeder has been wronged, and Puppyfind.com is able to help in some way, we will do what we can to help.

Matt
    Puppyfind.com Relationship Manager

• Bo
      26th of Nov, 2013

I agree with the complainant 100% about what she wrote regarding "dog breeder" Debbie Mason. She is not a dog breeder, she is running a puppy mill, which seems to be legal in the state of Missouri. I purchased a puppy from Debbie back in March, and when the puppy came to me, he was in very poor health as well. I have 3 certificates from our vet stating that he was unfit for sale. We spent thousands of dollars keeping him alive and he even had to be hospitalized for 4 days, staying in an oxygen chamber 24/7. I would never recommend ANYONE to Debbie Mason, as she is not worried about the health and well being of her animals, but more about the cash in her wallet.

• Sc
      13th of Mar, 2015

I have no idea what these people are talking about my experience has been the complete opposite! Debbie Mason is a kind thoughtful woman who takes great pride and care of her puppies. I bought my little puppy, Gyda, from her not to long ago and I am completely satisfied with my perches. Gyda is happy energetic and loves being around people. When we found her at Debbie's house Gyda was just as happy and playful, it's what attracted me to her in the fist place. The other puppies there were just as well fed and lively as my Gyda! Don't listen to the naysayers Debbie Mason is completely above board and does very fine work, I would proudly recommend her to anyone wanting an Akita, you will not find a better breeder or better puppies!!