Pulte Homes / poor quality of the product

1 Bloomfield Hills, MI, United States Review updated:

We have had a lot of negative experiences with Pulte's home construction. It seems they have undersized the ducts on our home and not provided appropriate dampers to adjust the airflow appropriately (it would cost about $8000 to repair that, but we have chosen not to do that). The air conditioner failed after only 6 years to the tune of about $6300. The main sink faucet valve broke as well. Overall we have been pleased with the home but the appliances (A/C) and fixtures (sink faucets) seem to be poor quality.

Va

Comments

• Yv
      13th of Feb, 2009

I as well have had the incorrect duct work installed in my Pulte home in Cornelius NC. While it was under warranty I had alot of work done to it to attempt to have this corrected. It works somewhat better but is still not great.

Now I have another problem, the shingles are falling off the roof. I hired a roofing contractor and they went up to look at the shingles and said that the shingles have one nail in them only. They are essentially not nailed down. I have called today to the local customer "care" center and they recited the warranty that it is only warranted for one year for workmanship.

I am going to take this as far as I can even if I sue in small claims court. I wanted you to know that I am extremely dissatisfied and very unhappy with this builder. I would not recommend them to anyone.