Public Storage / tried to rent from you.

Duluth, GA, United States

I reserved a unit at your 2423 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth, GA #[protected]. Initially I thought I would commence the lease on Saturday, but I had time Tuesday evening (3/13/18) so I decided to drive over and take care of the paperwork. When I arrived the office doors were locked. No sign on the door to indicate when the employee would be back. There was a woman in the lobby waiting for a ride who informed me that the employee had just gone upstairs. It was approximately 4:45, office hours 9:30 - 6:00 and I was sure that your employee would be down shortly to assist me. After 10 - 15 minutes, I pressed the buzzers, one outside and one in the lobby several times. Still no help. I then went upstairs - my gaining access to go upstairs tells me that the place is not very secure - and found her on the 2nd floor. I told her I was waiting for assistance. Once downstairs she 1st took a chair out to the lobby for the woman still waiting for her ride and then she greeted me, briefly said she was sorry and then asked if I had made an appointment and that the last appointment of the day was 4:30 or 5:00 No, the website did not say I needed an appointment. I told her that I was feeling irritable but I did not indicate what was causing the irritability (numerous people in the process of moving have unpleasant reasons they may be moving) Her response to me was "with a good attitude this process will go smoother for the both of us". I attempted to business with her a little longer.. I had rented before at this same location in 2005 and was satisfied at that time. Her *customer service* skills are completely lacking any sense of who is who in the customer/employee dynamic. She, like many young people felt that she should be schooling me in how things should go. I finally left in disgust.
Wednesday morning I called the 800 number to speak to management regarding the situation. I transferred to a voice mail where I left my number and asked for a call back which I have not received.
Mg