Provident Funding / Delay on Funds Posting

Terrible Customer Service!

Mailed in payment 1st week of December, didn't get processed until exactly the 15th. Called in on the morning of 15th asking if my payment had been misplaced, they said they had not record of it so i paid by phone ($15 fee). Learned that night that they found the check, and processed it in addition to the phone payment i made. Called back the next morning and asked if they could wave my $15 fee b/c i had been told by the agent they wouldn't charge me if they found my check.

Spoke to the Customer Service Supervisor Chris Porter who was extremely arrogant and unresponsive to any dialogue on the matter. I asked if he could give me the name and address of the president so i could personally write to him to issue my complaint, however he refused to divulge both pieces of information.

Did some research and found their address in Burlingame, California with Craig Pica as President. He will get a letter from me explaining how awful his customer service supervisor is. I'll definitely be spreading the word with my business associates about Provident Funding's lack of professionalism on the Customer Service side of things.

Great business Craig, however you need some improvement in the Customer Service Area, starting with your supervisor.

Comments

So
  30th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I feel that Provident is the BigLots of loans. They are the leader in customer disssatisfaction

Js
  31st of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I agree. They don't have customer service. Their personnel was ignorant of their own process and could not explain when PO Boxes are checked and when the payment gets processed and posted. I sent my payment with delivery confirmation and I know for fact it has been delivered. But they continue to claim it did not arrive did not answer honestly. They threaten to contact credit agency. Calling them don't really help because it always went into voice mail and do not return calls.

Ir
  15th of Sep, 2009

I too have had a large cashier check ($5, 428.68) misplaced. I tried to reinstate my note with Provident but the miscommunication problems have worked against me. The claim from the payment department is they mailed it back to me...GENERAL MAIL. Not certified or registered so it could be tracked!
Interesting that you found a CRAIG Pica. Hoovers lists DOUG Pica as a partner executive. The address they gave was 1235 N Dutton Ave Ste. E, Santa Rosa, CA 95401-4666.
I am filing a complaint with the Federal Reserve and my elected officials as well the State Attorney General.
-john