Progressive Insurance / consumers, we should band together and file a class-action lawsuit.
I signed on with Progressive only to find that the bill I received was a lot more than the quote they gave me. I went ahead because I really needed to be covered asap, with the intention of changing insurance companies as soon as possible in mind.
At renewal time I chose not to renew and went to another company.
Next thing I know a bill for the next billing cycle shows up and their claim is that "in the fine print" it is stated that you MUST stay the entire year, and that if you choose to leave within the first renewal period that they may bill you for the balance of the year.
Upon looking over the "fine print" on my contract I did not see anything stating this and so I have been battling them ever since. It is on my credit report and I am having a rough time making any headway.
I have talked to several other people who have been scammed this way by them, too. My feeling is that, as we are prot4cted by law in the marketplace to move about freely as consumers, we should band together and file a class-action lawsuit.
More Progressive Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Progressive Auto Insurance - [censor] company! 
- Progressive Auto Insurance - late payment 
- Progressive Insurance - claims adjuster 
- Progressive Auto Insurance - spokeswoman 
- Progressive Auto Insurance - terrible experience 
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company - auto insurance problems
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company - claim process
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company - auto insurance adjuster
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company - I can not cancel my policy with Progressive Auto
- progressive.com - car insurance