Progressive Auto Insurance / [censor] company!

In mid July an auto mechanic was driving my car off of a long bed (used to transport a race car). While backing it off the bed, he somehow (according to him, I was not there) got his foot lodged between the brake pedal and the throttle. He lost control of my vehicle, panicked and sent it spinning, hitting the truck who had towed it, a wall and nearly two onlookers. At first word, I was devastated as was everyone else that night... speechless. I was having it towed from Sacramento to Stockton, Ca because this mechanic failed to bolt on my caliper and the like snuggly and it sliced through my tire, leaving me stranded as I was on my way to meet a lady that I had just met. I made it to sac but I never got a chance to meet her. To make a long story short, I reported it about a month later because my deductible was so high and this mechanic said that he could fix it, he knew people who could get it done... well that never occurred. This shameless company never once asked how I was doing in all this nor about my family. They don't believe all the damages that were present on the car happened that night.. My statement to them is simply this: just because you can't come up with how it happened in no way means that it didn't happen. I paid out of my pocket during the time my car was undrivable $1,000 for a rental for a month and still these #s did not think that it was not drivable.

• Jean Registre's Response, Oct 30, 2018

this company is horribe in to take of claim

Va

Comments

• Va
      30th of Jan, 2007

I purchased progressive insurance in sept.2006 and was pissed when my insurance when from $330.00 per month to $440.00 simply because I changed my address.

I cancelled my policy online (which they claim that they didn't receive). I received another statement stated I owed $463.96 for the remaining balance, after I cancelled my policy. I called them and they basically told me that my insurance went up $330.00 for the address change (the move was not even a mile from each other). now understand that the zip code did not change. and then they tacked on another $106.00 because they claim they didn't receive my home owners info nor my previous insurance holder information, when all that information had been faxed to them a week after I acquired progressive insurance in sept.2006. I spoke with a representative, who tried to explain it to me, but still sounded like a bunch of bs to me. I told him is will be a cold cold day in hell before I pay this, simply because of an address change... this company is full of &*#% and I would recommend that no one acquire progressive insurance, the rip-off insurance company!

• Be
      29th of Sep, 2007

don't be suprised when it shows up on your credit report

• Id
      22nd of Dec, 2007

Insurance companies rate your insurance (auto and home) off territories. One territory 1 mile away might cost $200 more a year for no reason other than y0ur address... it works that way with all companies. They're not just picking on you...

• Br
      25th of Jan, 2008

Progressive Auto Insurance consists of fraudsters. My car got hit by a woman with Progressive Auto Insurance.
    The woman lied, and Progressive Auto Insurance simply went along with her lies. Also they have violated so many rules during their investigation. Also, Culver City police did not write me a report because no ambulance has been involved. Its ridiculous city/policy and evil PAI cost me so far over $1,0000

28th of Mar, 2008

My progressive experience is a horrible one, long story short...I was rear ended by a progressive driver. There was 4 cars total involved. I was hit first, I hit a mustang, and they hit a truck. The woman that hit me was in a hurry. It took progressive 5 days to determine if I could get a rantal because they had to look at everyone elses damages first. My car was a total loss. I am also injured as a result of this, and cannot work. Enterprise called and said progressive stopped paying, 5 days ago because they settled with me. Progressive DID NOT settle with me! Enterprise did not care. I had an attorney at this time, and Progressive, and Enterprise still didnt care. Enterprise threatened to report the car stolen, my attorney advised me to keep the rental until everything got straightened out. The next day, Enterprise came and towed the car, with my property in it. I doubt I will get any of it back because I now have a $700 bill that Progressive was supposed to cover but since they "settled" with me, theyre not paying. I have no transportation now, to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Im still not able to go to work due to my injuries, probably will not be able to for another 6 months according to my therapist. I had limited tort, in PA. Which means I cannot sue for pain and suffering. Unless I have permanent injuries. My brain has suffered permanent scars, due to this month from hell, from dealing with Progressive!

14th of Jul, 2008

I now understand the frustration of other drivers involved with the headaches of being in an accident. I was hit by a driver that went through a stop sign at the end of June and was injured. My vehicle was undrivable and I have four small children that makes it more difficult to get around on busses. Not to mention the cost and inconvienence of getting around this way on top of being extremely sore. Progressive finally decided their person was at fault ( It's now July 14th) and gave me a rental. The lady from Progressive was very nice and pleasant to speak with, but left out an important detail. Once I got to the rental place I was asked for a $50.00 deposit that I was not told I would need nor did I have it. Still waiting for vehicle to be towed to shop to see if it is fixable or not. Just can't wait for this nightmare to be taken care of and wish anyone else going through this the best of luck, and lot's of patience.

• Su
      27th of Sep, 2008

you know how its like to stop at a red light and gets hit by a car coming down so fast and all you know is he merge to the right and drives off.. what a stupid thing to do that u would have to chase him to make sure your dumb company believes you werent all fault.. yeh, luckily, he was caught by a chp and done this n that.. like a police report..
    oh.. progressive, yeh, they have done a wonderful job.. no lie!!
    but damn, their employee is a liar.. a rip off.. and a sweet talker..
    they can come straight to your house and try everything they can to convinced you to take their money for pain n suffering n which they dont understand how much pain youve got..
    ive realized, they have false advertisement on their page online and only wants the best for them not their customers..
    its a scam!!!

• Bo
      27th of Sep, 2008

We have had Progressive Auto Insuance for about 5 years and I can say that as a customer I am generally pleased with their service. I've checked around and they have pretty much the lowest rates available. We even recently changed our Homeowner's Insurance to them (although it's actually underwritten by another company -- Homesite -- but you still get a substantial discount. We have had three pretty big accidents during that time, none of which was our fault and the Progressive employees that handled our claims have been very good. There were a few minor issues along the way but nothing substantial. I say that having had very, very bad experience with most insurance companies, particularly if you are making a claim against their insureds/customers. Most insurance companies are rip off artists. I used to work for a major insurer and I can tell you that claims people have a lot of pressure on them to settle claims low or not pay them at all. It doesn't help that these days you can't get a decent police report or one at all unless there are injuries. I can not speak about Progressive in terms of how they treat people who are hit by Progressive customers, so I don't dispute these people's complaints, but as a customer, I'd give them 4 stars out of 5.

• Cr
      1st of Oct, 2008
    Progressive - claim
    7 locust lane
    Bronxville
    New York
    Phone: 914-844-4154

A Progressive client, dui did $50000 damage to my property and Progressive offered me a $28000 settlement--this is just another example of a large insurer with an in-house legal department that feels it can out-muscle the little guy--they are in for a big surprise. In the meantime do not buy insurance from this scam artist.

• Hu
      19th of May, 2009

We were hit by a Progressive insured when she lost control of her car in the rain (she had bald tires) hit us in the front, we hit the median then skid across the road. our car was totalled. They only gave us rental for a week, undervalued our car, want to give us $100 for pain and suffering. I have an injury that needs therapy and they said they may may not reimburse for the bills. Its ridiculous. That car was used for business and now I have to rent one when I have to go on the road. They asked us to use their service to find a car and their service even told us there was no way they could find us a car in the same condition as our for what they are offering.

• Fe
      25th of Jun, 2009

I was in a car accident that left me disabled (spinal injury with paralysis). Progressive pulled an "independent medical exam" on me at 2 months post accident. The report from the doctor (who was about 80 years old and could not walk without a stabilization cane and said he had bad vertigo) said that there was no damage.

I wrote the company and explained that their report had verifiable factual errors including the location of my injury (c6 / c7), the type of injury, and the rate of recovery. Based on this bad report that is refuted by MRI, my surgeon, my MD, my chiro, my ND, my PT, and my other therapists they have stopped payment.

This meant that my treatments had to stop due to cost and my disabled state eventually led to the loss of my job (my boss held onto me as long as he could but eventually had to admit that I couldn't do the job and was a danger to others as a result). I am, at this time, functionally paralyzed for life. My doc says that had I had therapy and PT as recommended I would have had a full recovery.

I am taking them to court. My lawyer is the top personal injury attorney in the state. Initially I just wanted enough money to pay for PT and stuff, but now that they have screwed with me I now want to be paid for lost wages, future wages, emotional damage and punitive damages.

My lawyer says we have a great case. I hate that they decided to ruin my life over a few thousand dollars.

• Tu
      16th of Jul, 2009

Progressive is ripping me off as well. This company rakes in tons of cash, but doesn't give a second thought to those of us just trying to make ends meet and get by day to day.
    Their client was going the wrong way in a one way zone and slammed into my vehicle. The damage is cosmetic, I still use the vehicle daily, but because it is old they are calling it a total loss. The result of this will be that I will be forced to accept a salvage title, and my registration will be revoked. I will be left with a vehicle I can't use, even though it is perfectly good to drive and everything works.
    I told them that I am unemployed and that I desperately need this vehicle, but they do not care. What am I supposed to do now?

• De
      20th of Jul, 2009
    Progressive - Lies, lies, lies
    Progressive
    progressive.com

My insureance rate went up $120.00 per 6 months..I have not had an accident or ticket in over 10 years. I have 3 vehicles insured with them..Ms.Lynn said the rate went up because Reno, Nevada was a high rate accident area..the Reno Gazette Journal has an article that rates Reno as one of the safest cities to drive in..It is rated 11th..Las Vegas, Nevada is rated as 153.This artcle in the July 09th 2009, Rates RENO the safest in the UNITED STATES. So believe the lies if you want to, but check this article out... Don't believe the first LIE that the insureance tells you..

• Bu
      22nd of Jul, 2009

18 July 2009, as many other unsatisfied customers and soon to be former customer of Progressive. This company is a ### company and a complete scam.. Two incidents occurred, 1st incident I was denied towing due to non-payment of the last $26.55 I owed them.. I paid it, traveled up the road in my motorhome and the tire blew causing serious damage and almost death of my 5 year old son. They do not believe me, have threatend me and other things.. So, now I am on a mission to publicly make known through all media channels how bad a company like Progressive is.. And one of their culprates is David Harris out of Washington State.. Do not ever use Progressive, do not use them in any form, they're a scam, cheat and a rip off and only like funding the Corporate Governmental agencies in which they were established.

30th of Jul, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your ordeal with Progressive Insurance. I to am going through a great deal after being hit by one of their insured while walking my dog. First they started denying liability then the injury itself and on and on. I would like to do somthing about this company. I hope you will help. I would like to write a long letter to our senators and the insurance commission and the president himself with a long list of letters like yours and mine, asking them to investigate Progressive and to hold them accountable for their action against us, maybe even a class action suit. First I will need a letter explaining exactly what happend and why Progressive Insurance failed you. Please email the letter along with your name and address (this will help identify you as a real person) or if you like you can remain anonomys. Thanks for any help in making Progressive responsible for their unfair actions against us and all the other victims of Progressive.

Jean Thomas
    SCOTT_11@comcast.net

1st of Aug, 2009

You can help us to change the way the Progressive does business. We want to be your voice. There is a site dedicated for people who have been victims of the Progressive Insurance claims process. We want to make them accountable for what they did to you, but you must help us do that. All we want is your story. FREE no gimmicks just enough people uniting to make a difference.

10th of Nov, 2009

I also was in Culver City when a woman insured by Progressive hit me. She was at a stop sign but when I started into the intersection (I did not have a stop sign, she did) she darted into the intersection as if I wasn't even there. I slammed on my brakes but it was too late to avoid the collision and both our front ends were a little smashed. I thought it was no big deal, she made a mistake either thinking I had a stop sign or thinking she could beat me across the intersection and that her insurance would take care of it. She made a comment "oh, you don't have a stop sign?". Even though I had the right of way and it seemed a cut and dry case, my claim was denied. It was one series of lies after another and all these different things they came up with to not take responsibility. They said it was all based on what their insured told them. Totally unethical, negligent company. There is nothing more simple than my claim other than maybe getting rear ended or someone actually blowing the stop sign altogether. They made it sound so complicated - I can't believe what they came up with to avoid paying. I didn't have collision coverage at the time on that vehicle so of course my insurance could care less (I guess they probably all suck but some more than others). A few months later the engine died due to a cracked engine block.I hear that's a common problem after getting hit in the front side as I did. Bottom line, they're bottom feeders.

• Do
      3rd of Dec, 2009

My mother was hit by a van insured by progressive She was knocked to the ground and is lucky to still be alive. Hit and run. The oklahoma highway patrol responded, what a joke. Progressive will not pay a dime let alone a emergency room bill .We need a class action lawsuit. 918 251 2693 Don Nance

• My
      21st of Dec, 2009

I was on my way to work the day after an 18 inch snow storm. I was stopped at a red light. Some guy in a big suv skidded into my passenger side back end who has progressive insurance. I called his insurance the same day and started my claim. Right off the bat they assigned me a "claim representative" who insisted that I get my car fixed right then and there. After a few days of working from 6:30AM to 5:00AM (there is no body shop open before or after those hours) she insisted on having someone from progressive coming out to do an estimate on my car while I was at work. The guy came, estimated my car, and called me. Told me that the estimate came out to $750.00 and they would send me a check. Right away I called my claims representative and told her this is not the way I wanted the process to go and that I am positive the estimate will be way too low. Three days passed and I did not get a call back. In the meantime I had gotten my own estimate of $1, 500.00 from one of their contracted body shops!! The claims representative still wont answer my phone calls. I called my insurance company, but if I file through them I will have to come up with my deductible up front before they go after the insurance to get a refund. I don't understand how I am the victim of a car accident yet my only solution to get my car back to normal is to pull money out of my own pocket? This just does not seem legal.

• Ho
      13th of Jun, 2010

I thought $44.00 a mo for liability was too much, so I applied for progressive.It was $120
    I live in nowheresville Utah population 250.My 99 ford ranger has 180, 000 mi and no dents. Accidents are very rare. So I'll stay with alstate