Privacy Protection Plus / Unauthorized Billing

ON, Canada Review updated:

This company told me I had signed up by clicking a web banner on yahoo and typing my email address in twice as well as my credit card number, yet I was applying for a credit report NOT this. My legal department at my work told me it is in NO way an agreement to keep billing someone $35/month for a service unless you have the persons actual signature, an email does not count.

I called them and they told they would refund me the total amount of over $500 dollars which had been automatically taken off my credit card, little by little, for over a year.

If you see this on your credit card statement, please call Privacy Plus immediatly and have them stop and refund you!!

Comments

• Ab
      24th of Oct, 2009

I had thought I was getting a deal on a credit report. Now I'm being billed for 6 months when I canceled the day after I enrolled, because I didn't get the credit report! That's 30 bucks a month for 6 months! I tried to contact them and of course had no response. They're toll free contact number is a total fraud. None of my Id or phone numbers associated with the account were "on file".

Never been scammed before, it's humiliating.