Privacy Plus Canada / Does not provide service

1 P.O. Box 130 Stn. BMontreal, Québec, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-444-1837

Says that it will provide free credit reports. Takes a credit card number and then emails a link to a website containing only marketting information about supposed services. No report or rating is provided despite clear claims that reports would be "immediate" and "free". Appearently you have to call some number to not be billed. Emails just re-ask you to call that number.

Bw

Comments

• Sc
      19th of Nov, 2008
    Privacyplus.ca - I was charged a fee on my credit card even though I did not authorize it
    Québec
    Canada

1. Ask you to register a "free" membership ID with 7-days trail, in the mean time, your personal information (name and address plus credit card number)
    2. within 7 days, you will never get any service from the website even you could use your ID and "password" to login.
    3. within 7 days, you will never be able to "cancel" your membership by the "customer service" number they provided in the email.
    note: that is one of the way you get charged "offically" by them because you didn't "cancel" your membership within 7 days (regardless if you could or could NOT)
    4. if you use the email they sent to you for confirmation for your ID (even they said it is automatically generated by system), you will get a email later to "confirm" your ID was "cancelled"
    5. about 7 days 9at least) later, one of condition will happen.
    A. Normally, your cridit card(the one you used online) will be charged anout one month later

B.if you already cancelled the credit card you used to register, one of other credit card will be charged about 29.95 CAD (even you had never exposed this number online)

Suggestion:
    1). Pay close attendtion to your recent monthly statement of all of credit cards.
    2). Report to your credit card comapny immeditately if some statement is not recongnized.
    3). Make sure imform all of your credit card company to CANCEL your current one and re-issue new immediately.

• Va
      1st of Dec, 2008

I just registered and got my ID membership number and have tried to login...but to no avail. I cannot get onto the website. I thought this service was free...so why did they want my card information? Sounds like a scam to me.

• Eb
      18th of Feb, 2009
    British Columbia
    Canada

I thought I was getting access to my credit rating, however the link they give you to access it links you to more advertising. I was never able to get my credit info. Seems like a scam!

• Pa
      27th of Feb, 2010
    privacyplus.ca

I thought i was getting a free credit report on this site not the case. They have there site set up in such a way that you give your credit card number and then after say that you have 15 days free membership and if you dont check your e-mail they automatically charge your credit card. Not what you think you are getting at all big scam to steal your money right under your nose! Good thing i caught on! Everyone beware of these scavengers. Thank you.

• Du
      24th of Dec, 2010
    Privacyplus.ca
    privacyplus.ca

This website is misleading. It advertises Free Credit Report. I found nothing free. Instead I was charged a fee on my credit card even though I did not authorize it. This site catches you by having you fill out the information form, then upon submitting you are transferred to a payment page. You have to pay their fee to get your results. If you decide not to continue and close out the payment page, they will charge your card for a membership which is a revolving membership account. You will be charged every month unless you cancel it. When you supply the information on the form, you are under the belief the credit report is FREE as stated. On the payment page I did not see any link to accept, confirm or authorize the charge to your card. If you don't want to continue, hit your back button and delete the information, then close out the site. However, I have to say I had no problem in cancelling my account when I phoned them (so far). I commend them for that.

• Te
      6th of Jun, 2011

Same with me! Just called to cancel 10 minutes after signing up, as you only get a link to the usual free credit report that is offered by Trans Union, etc. They better not charge my card!!!