Privacy Matters / $1 credit card charge
This is an internet business called Privacy Matters (www.privacymatters.com). On or around June 26 I tried to get what was called a "free" credit report. I understood that if I enrolled I had a period of time to unenroll if I wanted to. I proceeded to fill out the information. When I clicked the enroll button, I received a message that said we are unable to enroll you, please call this 800 number. I tried 2 or 3 times and got the same message. I gave up and decided it wasn't worth messing around with. When I received my credit card bill, I was charged two different fees, $1 and $29.95. When I called to ask about this they said I had enrolled into their program to receive credit reports. I explained to them what happened when I tried to enroll. They were willing to refund the $29.95, but not the $1 nor the $1 that my credit card charged for each transaction.
Now I realize this is only $1. But if this is done to enough people, they would make quite a nice income. I asked for a supervisor and after a few minutes waiting, got the supervisor. The supervisor informed me the same thing, and said I was sent an email regarding this charge. I never received this email or I would have called right away. I even looked in my spam mail. She refuse to refund the $3 and would not allow me to speak to anyone else. Then she hung up on my when I nicely refused to hang up the phone.
Is there anything one can do about this?
More Privacy Matters Complaints & Reviews
- Privacy Matters 123 - Cancellation of Membership 
- Privacy Matters 123 - Company got debit card information from another site! 
- MVQ Privacy Matters Identity - Unapproved Charges to Credit Card 
- Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - cannot cancel membership 
- MVQ Privacy Matters / PMIdentity - Fraudulent Charge 
- Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - Unauthorized charges on my credit card 
- PrivacyMatters123 - unauthorized access to my credit card 
- Privacy Matters 123 - Tried to STEAL MY MONEY!
- Privacy Matters 123 - monthly billing
- MVQ PRIVACY Matters - fraudulent charges