Primus Canada / Disconnection Fee, No refund, Continuation of monthly charges

Primus Canada
I cancelled Primus Canada Talk Broadband service with 42 days of notice. I was continued to be charged for the month after that. I placed a stop payment order on my bank account - they yet attempted to charge me for an additional month which did not go through.

When I spoke with them they stated that they charge a cancellation fee. I referred them to a the contract which stated that no cancellation fee would apply to me since I was not under a contract. They then stated that they would only charge me for ten extra days but NOT REFUND ANYTHING UNDER $10 (which is 1/3 of the monthly bill), and that they conveniently owned me $9.99 and therefore would not issue a refund.

Only after 30 minutes of angry discourse on my part did the woman state that they would refund me one extra penny so that my bill would amount to $10 and therefore I would be refunded in January when my next bill appears.

This invoice was not sent to me - again they are trying to steal $10 from me, but I will persist and call those crooks back.

At no point did they four representatives admit that they had illegally charged me - for them it was perfectly legitimate. No apology was given, and no refund was issued.

This is a crooked, small-timing company that consists of thugs

Primus Logo Primus