Primerica / don't trust them

United States Review updated:
4.15

I went to a supposed "interview" and get to know the company I was going to check out. I was excited because it was something new to me and I NEED a better job. Well, I find out that there are like 20 other people and it reminded me of those model recruiting things at hotels you can go too.

I got suckered in for it seemed like something wonderful to do for others! Esp. my parents because they are just like the helpless Jones family we learned about. I got to meet with the woman again who called me; I signed, and paid my $99 to get started! I was telling people about this great company I was going to work for now.

The lady and I were suppose to meet again to start training but she was 'too busy' for me and asked if I can reschedule. I said yes and called her the day she wanted me to, to make the time. She never got back to me till 3 DAYS LATER after our planned day.

She called while I had class and wanted to make another day. Claiming to be "so busy" (well why then recruit and meet with me?). I called and left a message and said I can’t do it for I work. (She knew and said it was ok I had another job for I'll be able to work around that)

I also told her to call me back for I was free a day she mentioned there is usually training going on. She never called. I still got charged the $99. FOR WHAT?! NOTHING!

I called her AGAIN and told her she either get me trained, and going with this job like I'm suppose to or I want my money back because it’s not fair. I DO NOT have the $99 to just throw away. I don't make enough and have bills to pay.

Then I find I'm being charged another $25! FOR WHAT! NOTHING! I'm not doing a *** thing. No training, no nothing. I wasn’t even told where the headquarter was. Just that our meeting place was at a hotel.

I feel so scammed. And i don't know how I'm going to pay my credit company money I barely have. I only paid because I thought I was going to make good money helping people. I guess its TOO GOOD to be TRUE.

Now I'm going to have to make ANOTHER phone call to her. I want my money back.
Va

Comments

Re
  9th of Sep, 2008
To Raeiapoc:

I am a home office employee of Primerica, and I would like the opportunity to assist you with your refund request. Please contact me at Primerica's home office at your earliest convenience.

Regena Wood
Primerica Financial Services, Inc.
Duluth, GA
Direct Dial: 770.564.7955
email: regena(dot)wood(at)primerica(dot)com
Ro
  12th of Sep, 2008
For Primerica to debit your bank account is an abomination! And saying everybody does it isn't going to fly. Honesty is the ONLY policy. The bankers are so corrupt, they will make you pay 32-46 per returned check, and they process the highes dollar denominated check first. Primerica knows that, yet docked your bank account via use of your credit card number WITHOUT your prior, written permission. A large minority of Primeica RVPs and SVPS are common criminais, worthy of having their fingers and thumbs chopped off for thievery. That's what they did in the old days. It cut thievery way way down. Because of vipers, leeches and extortioners and frauds such as the pyramid scheme of Primerica, one has to get a new debit card every time one does a transaction nowadays. Primerica should be a shining light, not a haven for hoodlums.
Ro
  12th of Sep, 2008
While [redacted] has faults, including NOT publishing exposes nor complaints regarding Primerica any more, they do have a constructive method to solve your problem. Politely ask your bank to refund your money. When they balk, ask for a copy of Regulation E to fill out. They have to give you one. In the rare event they do not, call you local consumer protection agency, then your attorney general. The bank has to give your money back. Sometimes they will even if more than 60 days have elapsed.

The very idea of Primerica fraudulent extortioners memorizing your credit card number, jotting it down or typing it in to their computer system and stealing from your bank account. When I started hearing about companies doing this heinous crime, I made up my mind I would start a website and publish them all. Don't have a website yet, but I'm beginning to get started on all of these vultures.

You notice that, with Primerica defenders all over, NONE have shown you how to get your money back! Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. Also, when there is silence at a time that there should not be. A man cannot conceal himself. They don't want people to know about books, tapes and websites that expose them! It is less easy to recruit, recruit, recruit. The love of money is the root of all evil. -1Timothy 6:10
Don't give out your information to schools, reunions, search for people, ever!!! /URL removed/
Ge
  30th of Aug, 2009
Didn't the lady who started the comments offer this person her money back? I guess that means no one has shown her how to get it back :) Just a side note...if this person who recruited you into Primerica didn't have enough time to train you then she needs to be disciplined because Primerica is all about training you to become successful. I'm sorry you had this experience because Primerica does offer an awesome opportunity for people to get out of the rat race.
Tr
  9th of Aug, 2010
I absolutely rescent this company, I started a blog to help spread the word about them please post your complaints please primericacomplaints.blogspot.com
Is
  27th of Aug, 2011
i hope you were able to get your money back. they were just phone call away, you didn't even need to contact the lady who recruited you. as far as her being too busy, she must've just been too busy and had poor organzational skills. you were a bad match.
sorry for your bad experience but my experience with this company is very rewarding.

Primerica Logo Primerica