Complaints & Reviews

job interview

A gentleman named David contacted me after sharing that he found my resume on Job Circle.com. He went on to...

stay away!

Not to talk good or bad about this company but this company does have a down fall. I am an agent of thi...

iba refund

Not able to get IBA refund. Made several calls. Received several telephone numbers to call and fax to cancel...

ripped off

Chris Jones, will make all kinds of promises to get your money for radio air time and promise clients, but...

interview references without permission

I had a few minutes to myself so i thought i would get some more information on Primerica. You see, thi...

cult

My husband got 'hired' by Primerica about two months ago through CareerBuilder.com. He has a...

scam and cheating

Well I am a Sales Executive at a Co. that relates with the oil industry. Until one time one of my long time...

terrible experience

I think you need to educate your reps. Stop telling people you are hiring them. Instead they are hiring you...

fraud and lies

And you have way too much time on your hands - should have used that time toward your business, it may have...

miss presentation

Primerica Financial Services a subsidiary of Citigroup (Bank) Is a Scam. They have you under the impression...

scam and cheating

I have had a 20 yr life policy with Primerica. After 20 yrs they invited me to renew. One of their agent...

fraud and cheating

The man I was doing business with for primerica he called me everyday about doing this program so i went to the meeting that they have before they process your application so more than likely i was interested because they made it seem like the best thing to do so i filled out the iba at the moment i didn't have the money to pay them so surely the guy called me everyday and even on my payday and asked me did i have the money so he made it seem like i will be making money in the next week or so... so me being dumb i put my cell phone bill on the side thinking i am be making money like asap (thats what the man told me) so that day i gave him consent to take the 99$ out my account so sadly i didn't hear from him anymore so i called during business hrs telling him i wasn't interested in the program anymore he didn't answer so i left a message that next week i had appointments booked one was for 5 so he called me 15 min tell the appointment i made with someone and the person stays at least 30 mins away so i am thinking he 1 totally disregarded what i said in the voice mail and for 2its unprofessional for to show up at someone house late for an appointment or call me last min about it thinking ima rush and get dress he tried to talk me into staying but i am thinking ### you just after me for money i be *** if i let someone use me so 2 days letter checked my balance in my accounts them *** holes took more money out my account after i told the guy to cancel my employment opportunity so i called again during business hrs trying to keep it professional didn't answer so i left a message thank god i kept the letter that they send to you about thank you for joining because *** not answering his phone so something told me to read the letter in small print they had a number you can and so i did and i got everything taken care so i am just waiting for my money stupid *** *** over me and only why i was interested in the program and trust him because he was like a uncle to me and i been knowing him my whole life but like they say you don't know a person until you do business with them i hope no one fall in that scam and ### primerica thinking they have to offer because its straight up ### they make money for getting you to join thats why he not picking up his phone because he want that profit ain't going to happen because i just started so i am getting my full pay back but usually when your application get processed already they take 30 (but my application didn't have a chance to process) out wut u paid hahaha good thing i cough his ### ways in time and also who ever you refer or what ever person you sell the insurance to they get half your profit *** that PEOPLE PLEASE TO CAREFUL don't get no type on benefits from these con artist because its all game don't business with these people.

• Ol
    Olga J Aguilar Nov 07, 2008

Hi i went to wholw process too and i now i want my money back and i have callm them like five time and still no answer about my money tahy gave me a wbsite but the ### doesnot even exist all i want is my money...

• Ka
    Kay Mar 31, 2009

DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH ANYMORE?
    One word" ' S P E L L C H E C K' !! My goodness, if you can't convey your message any better than that, no wonder you were so easily confused. It's called a contract, read it. Work it and don't QUIT so fast. Pray about your decisions and you won't make so many bad choices too. Also, be fair. By now you've received your money back so "announce" that too. [Put the same feathers back into the pillow sack that you emptied into the wind - NOT so easily done now is it?]
    Blessings.

Sandria Jul 21, 2009

what do you know? have you been to a meeting with primerica? and how do you know if in fact he got his money back? I have heard mostly negative things about this company. I was called to come in for a interview. I wasn't told that 20 other people (or how ever many) would be there. To me they just need to be upfront on what type of buisness they are running to begin, not wait until the person shows up then tell them you need money to start. I told the lady I was not working and was looking for empolyment. I have to children and in the middle of a divorce! I don't have time to give up money I don't have to make money...not now! So again... being upfront and honest is the key!

• Wo
    wow11 Jul 30, 2009

I'm trying to do my research because I'm seriously considering this opportunity. Is there anyone somewhat intelligent out there with "complaints" about this company? So far, just a bunch of illiterate ramblers. No wonder you didn't make any money! You don't just sit around, waiting for checks people! Get off your ###! And learn how to spell!

Trent Lagoria Aug 09, 2010

I absolutely rescent this company, I started a blog to help spread the word about them please post your complaints please primericacomplaints.blogspot.com

they owe me a refund

I bought into there insurance and investment plan on a Wednesday evening and cancelled it by 9:ooam the next morning and ask them to not run my credit card deposit. Guess what? They ran my credit card a week later. Now I can't seem to get my money back. It's been 3 months and I have been told 4 time that the check is in the mail. NOT!.

Citycorp should be ashamed to have such a low life outfit like Primerica associated with it.

• To
    Todd Oct 02, 2008

If you're not getting any help or response from these guys, you should post them on this site, this is for anyone who has been screwed, ripped off or felt that they had been done wrong. The name of the site is www.uradeadbeat.com, it gives you a voice to the people who will not listen. Not only does the person who you are complaining about receive an email letting them know that they have been put on the deadbeat list (as long as you provide email address) but, they will also receive a post card (as long as you provide a mailing address) notifying them too.

• Regena Oct 06, 2008

To J. Rowe:
    I am a home office employee of Primerica and I am sorry to hear that you have had this difficulty. If you will please contact me at Primerica's home office, I would be happy to assist you in resolving all of your concerns.

Regena Wood
    Primerica Financial Services, Inc.
    Duluth, GA
    regena(dot)wood(at)primerica(dot)com

Mary Apr 03, 2009

I have a question--how much did they tell you it would cost upfront to get started?

• Iz
    izy Nov 10, 2009

primerica is a fraud and scam company...i worked with them about a month, waste of gas, waste of time never got payed not one penny, we are in a recession i dont have time for this, i quit a month later as well as i cancelled that insurance they made me get, now its been about two or three months and im still trying to cancel that dam insurance that is still taking my money out the bank, i went personally to quit that so called job and cancel that insurance, i felt humiliated by josceline green soon to be RVP she humiliated friends of mine because they would not get her insurance, this people are just thirst for money they have no life but in that fraud buisiness ###ing ignorant people and ill make sure this will be hear out and im ready to sue them

• Jj
    JJRam Mar 08, 2011

Primerica is such a scam company. They are phonies. I was approached by one of their agents who was helping My
    Family and I file a claim for my mother's life policy. This guy came to out home and asked me to go to his office the next day about to talk about working for primerica. He said I'd make a lot of money and one thing led to the next. Next I was asked to provide a check for the amount of $99.00 for a background check. Well to make a long story short, I ended up
    Not working for them even though he kept insisting. Later on I realized that there were charges on my bank statement for $25.00 from October-march. I called the guy up and he said that the $25 were for my online training or some BS. I said I never used the training program
    So why the hell am I being charged. He then told me he needed me to fax a written notice to him stating I needed to cancel my subscription. I'm hoping I get my effing money back.. Or they will hear it from me. Trust me.
    everyone I come in contact with will know what type of company primerica really is.

rip off

So I have been watching the news and found out that what is causing the current financial crisis is mortgage...

fraud and scam

I am so glad that former Primerica reps are speaking up to the real truth of what Primerica really does to...

don't trust them

I went to a supposed "interview" and get to know the company I was going to check out. I was excited because it was something new to me and I NEED a better job. Well, I find out that there are like 20 other people and it reminded me of those model recruiting things at hotels you can go too.

I got suckered in for it seemed like something wonderful to do for others! Esp. my parents because they are just like the helpless Jones family we learned about. I got to meet with the woman again who called me; I signed, and paid my $99 to get started! I was telling people about this great company I was going to work for now.

The lady and I were suppose to meet again to start training but she was 'too busy' for me and asked if I can reschedule. I said yes and called her the day she wanted me to, to make the time. She never got back to me till 3 DAYS LATER after our planned day.

She called while I had class and wanted to make another day. Claiming to be "so busy" (well why then recruit and meet with me?). I called and left a message and said I can’t do it for I work. (She knew and said it was ok I had another job for I'll be able to work around that)

I also told her to call me back for I was free a day she mentioned there is usually training going on. She never called. I still got charged the $99. FOR WHAT?! NOTHING!

I called her AGAIN and told her she either get me trained, and going with this job like I'm suppose to or I want my money back because it’s not fair. I DO NOT have the $99 to just throw away. I don't make enough and have bills to pay.

Then I find I'm being charged another $25! FOR WHAT! NOTHING! I'm not doing a *** thing. No training, no nothing. I wasn’t even told where the headquarter was. Just that our meeting place was at a hotel.

I feel so scammed. And i don't know how I'm going to pay my credit company money I barely have. I only paid because I thought I was going to make good money helping people. I guess its TOO GOOD to be TRUE.

Now I'm going to have to make ANOTHER phone call to her. I want my money back.

• Regena Sep 09, 2008

To Raeiapoc:

I am a home office employee of Primerica, and I would like the opportunity to assist you with your refund request. Please contact me at Primerica's home office at your earliest convenience.

Regena Wood
    Primerica Financial Services, Inc.
    Duluth, GA
    Direct Dial: 770.564.7955
    email: regena(dot)wood(at)primerica(dot)com

• Ro
    rocky Sep 12, 2008

For Primerica to debit your bank account is an abomination! And saying everybody does it isn't going to fly. Honesty is the ONLY policy. The bankers are so corrupt, they will make you pay 32-46 per returned check, and they process the highes dollar denominated check first. Primerica knows that, yet docked your bank account via use of your credit card number WITHOUT your prior, written permission. A large minority of Primeica RVPs and SVPS are common criminais, worthy of having their fingers and thumbs chopped off for thievery. That's what they did in the old days. It cut thievery way way down. Because of vipers, leeches and extortioners and frauds such as the pyramid scheme of Primerica, one has to get a new debit card every time one does a transaction nowadays. Primerica should be a shining light, not a haven for hoodlums.

• Ro
    rocky Sep 12, 2008

While [redacted] has faults, including NOT publishing exposes nor complaints regarding Primerica any more, they do have a constructive method to solve your problem. Politely ask your bank to refund your money. When they balk, ask for a copy of Regulation E to fill out. They have to give you one. In the rare event they do not, call you local consumer protection agency, then your attorney general. The bank has to give your money back. Sometimes they will even if more than 60 days have elapsed.

The very idea of Primerica fraudulent extortioners memorizing your credit card number, jotting it down or typing it in to their computer system and stealing from your bank account. When I started hearing about companies doing this heinous crime, I made up my mind I would start a website and publish them all. Don't have a website yet, but I'm beginning to get started on all of these vultures.

You notice that, with Primerica defenders all over, NONE have shown you how to get your money back! Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. Also, when there is silence at a time that there should not be. A man cannot conceal himself. They don't want people to know about books, tapes and websites that expose them! It is less easy to recruit, recruit, recruit. The love of money is the root of all evil. -1Timothy 6:10
    Don't give out your information to schools, reunions, search for people, ever!!! /URL removed/

• Ge
    George of the Jungle Aug 30, 2009

Didn't the lady who started the comments offer this person her money back? I guess that means no one has shown her how to get it back :) Just a side note...if this person who recruited you into Primerica didn't have enough time to train you then she needs to be disciplined because Primerica is all about training you to become successful. I'm sorry you had this experience because Primerica does offer an awesome opportunity for people to get out of the rat race.

• Is
    isabel2000 Aug 27, 2011

i hope you were able to get your money back. they were just phone call away, you didn't even need to contact the lady who recruited you. as far as her being too busy, she must've just been too busy and had poor organzational skills. you were a bad match.
    sorry for your bad experience but my experience with this company is very rewarding.

outrageous increase in premium to keep the same policy

My husband and I purchased a term policy with Primerica over 20 years ago. At the time, we were told the...

commissions, reimbursements, wages, time, renewals

[protected]@hotmail.com Primerica milico citigroup a.l.williams, inc. pay me what thou owest 31 quarle...

witholding inherited money

My son Kali Sharod Jones (dob 5/20/1978) was beneficiary of an insurance policy from his father(deceased...

not an upfront company

I had 20 year term through AL Williams, paying 27.37 per month, taken right out of my checking. Now it i...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices