Priceline.com / advantage car rental refused to honor priceline.com price or

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

I booked a car through Advantage on Semoran and Hoffner in Orlando. It was supposed to be $127 for a week with fees and taxes. They refused to honor this reservation at this price that I booked through priceline.com. I had AARP insurance, they refused to let me take the car out with that. No matter what they insisted that I had to use their insurance. They have Toyotas which are all being recalled. They said that if something went wrong, even if it was under recall by Toyota, the driver was responsible. They gave me the runaround for nearly an hour, complete with computer mistakes, and going to the boss at least 3X, always insisting that I had to take a different car and always trying to jack up the price. Even when a deal was reached they had me sign an agreement, then THEN WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME, THEY ATTEMPTED TO GET A SECURITY DEPOSIT, DOUBLING THE PRICE OF THE DEAL - ON A DEBIT CARD??

STAY AWAY - FAR AWAY FROM ADVANTAGE. CON MEN AND SCAM ARTISTS.

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Jun, 2010

had the same problem with advantage in cabo san lucas. they put a $1, 700 deposit on my card since they didnt recognize the insurance that priceline sold to me.
    then I had to cut my trip short and priceline refused to refund my unused days of insurance. complete [censor].
    never ever ever use priceline again!!!