priceline.com / boycott them

Priceline.com has a terrible policy of keeping your money for a lengthy amount of time when they have made an error! I attempted to rent a car for two weeks, using my debit card (About $350). Unfortunately, I paid for the car at priceline.com, but was unable to pick it up at the rental car agency. Priceline admitted to their mistake of connecting me with a company that does not allow rentals when using a debit card. You think to yourself, "simple enough. Please return my money to my debit card and I will work with the company next door, who will take my debit card.” wrong!! Priceline still has my $350 and refuses to give it back in a timely manner. I'm told I may have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks while priceline verifies that I did not pick up the car. Umm, won't a quick phone call take care of this? In this economy, if you're renting a car for that amount of money, then the other money you have is budgeted for your * gas! I did not have enough to do another 2-week rental and to put gas in the car while priceline holds the money hostage! Tomorrow makes 10 days and I still don't have the money back on my card! I understand that companies have policies, but companies should also consider the human factor in their business. People need their money! Having a policy that basically allows a company to keep a customer's money when the company has made an error is absurd. I did everything right by noting that I would be using a debit card as I bid on my car at priceline; yet, I have to pay for the company's error. I could understand if they kept the money a day or two while they made sure we did not actually rent the car, but two weeks!!! Join me in sending a message. Boycott priceline.com!

Va