Priceline.comair flight tickets

I purchased two flight tickets on June 5th from Washington DC to Cairo through Priceline. When I went to check in at the airport, the person at the desk told me that I needed a visa in order to make two stops in Europe. I told them that I was not aware of that and they told me that the travel agency should have notified me of that requirement before booking. I called multiple numbers on my confirmation email and when my call was answered, I was told to call a different number. Finally when I got through someone with Priceline, about 1 hour of trying to speak to someone that can help me. The lady on the phone asked me many questions and was not aware of the visa requirement herself so I had to have someone at the airline desk at the airport speak to her and explain why I cannot take this flight because of visa restrictions. After a long discussion with her, she told me that it was too late to make any changes because the flight was about an hour away and would not help me. They told me that I would have to solve the issue at the airline desk at the airport. I asked to speak to a supervisor or a manager and I was put on hold for 30 minutes then hung up on. I then quickly went to the airline desk and they changed my flight to only have one layover in Europe instead of two and charged me about $1, 200. I don't think that I should be responsible for paying this amount. The travel agent at Priceline failed to tell me about the requirement while booking the flight and did not help me when I called the day of my flight to change it. I would like to request for a refund. My number is [protected].

Me
Jun 06, 2018

Comments

• Wh
      Jun 06, 2018

It is your responsibility to find out what travel documents you need. Priceline is not a full service travel agency, that is why they are less expensive. You get what you pay for.

•   Jun 07, 2018

Despite the said above correctly,
    there are some issues, which the author of the complaint did not know and does not know.

If the author wants to present the claim and does not know the result, kindly send
    1) your full name, city, email, phone for sms / evening contact (if any)
    2) your above text, add phone number of the agent
    3) e-ticket / receipt
    4) boarding pass
    5) page of passport, which show country and name
    6) notification for refusal for the June 5 flight

I (we) can present your claim before the air carrier and and before the authority for small charges :-
    1) USD35 before the claim, paybalr online
    2) 10+% after the compensation is issued: it must be payable by fault party after the final decision is in force.

Regards,