Priceline / scam

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

Priceline is a scam. I bid $180 a night for a 4 star hotel in Miami and received a non refundable
non cancellable reservation at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel. When I searched this hotel on
their website, I discovered that their standard room rate is $180 per night!!

I complained to their customer service rep who told me that Priceline does not promise discounted rates. I was told that Priceline only guarantees that you cannot get a refund and you
cannot cancel a reservation under ANY circumstances whatsoever.

Comments

• Do
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I was negotiating the subject airline tickets and only offered $500 each for two (2) tickets. I agreed to choose an alternate date, which I did and accepted. At no time did I authorize more than $500.00 per ticket (except for airport taxes, etc.). When it came back accepted, I noticed the price per ticket was almost $1, 200.00. I called my credit card company and put this on dispute. Please cancel this transaction against my credit card! I was baited and then the price was switched. I will fight this.

In addition to placing this in dispute with my credit card company, I filed complaints with the Attorney Generals' Offices of the States of Louisiana and Ohio and the BBB. Also, I've contacted my attorney and provided him with all correspondence and other information.

• To
      18th of Jul, 2009

They took a bid I made from Corpus to Ft Myers, Florida and switched the departing city to San Antonio without my approval. They claimed that I agreed, but I never did. Because of Priceline's swindling, I paid over $ 200 more than necessary and now have to drive over two hours with a young child and spend hours longer in travel. The flight leaves at 6 a.m. from San Antonio. Priceline is very difficult to reach and in a scripted answer, the "customer service" rep and his supervisor refused to refund even though I NEVER agreed to switch to San Antonio from Corpus Christi.

• Dl
      18th of Jul, 2009

How exactly did they say you agreed to it.

• Re
      25th of Feb, 2010

You are stupid! Why did you bid so high? Now you are on a website making yourself look like a fool.

Do research first, read the disclaimers, then purchase. There is no one on the internet to hold your hand.

Sorry!