Preferred Homecare / Unauthorized Charges

Preferred Homecare Delivered a Respronics O2 Concentrator Millennium model . According to the Insurance Co ( H P N ) They are switching to a new Durable Medical Equipment Supplier. The old provider, Apria Health Care, (They were a great company to do business with, no problems with them). .Health Plan NV states this will be a transparent deal with no changes. .I finally get delivery of the O2 Gen, Great. Three weeks later here comes an invoice from Preferred Homecare $70.32. I call the 800 # talk to billing, Stating Why was I not told about a Co-Pay up front? NO answer. I state that I never had a co-pay on rentals only on purchases. I am told half of the bill or $100.00 witch ever is lower. I ask what this machine costs, and told "we can't tell you. The answer is not acceptable. I go web surfing the same machine NEW & Delivered for $ 685.99. That is less than 10 months rental. What A RIP-OFF, I know why my health insurance premiums keep going up. .The insurance companies and patient and /or subscribers are taken' it where the Sun Don't Shine.

La

Comments

• Yo
      11th of Dec, 2011

You're insurance company dictates what they will cover and what you have to pay for co-pays, not the provider. If you want to know why you have a co-pay, you should ask your insurance company since they are the one that tells any other company if they will cover your rentals and purchases fully or not.