PoF / Wrongful account suspension
POF deleted my account after I sent someone I had been chatting to for ages a slightly naughty message. I had read the recent inbox pertaining to rule changes and altered my conduct accordingly but the next time I went to log in my account was gone and I could not register again. The worst part is that the person I had been chatting with was as interested as I was, and we were verging on meeting. We had not swapped contact information though and as a result I will never hear from that person again. Thanks for wasting my time Markus Frind. Not only did you not help with my search for love, you hindered it. I would advise people to boycott this site. There is no such thing as a free lunch and the administrator comes across as a total control freak. Since when are members on a site treated with such disdain? He/They are marketing to a select crowd and if you don't fit the bill you are out of there. The site is therefore not as useful for finding love as it claims. You will only find people Markus Frind deems acceptable for you to find, and be prepared to have your account privileges revoked without so much as an explanation or a notification.
I also want to add that Markus Frind is taking an active interest in the private messages of users and I find that to be intrusive and unsettling. Being blocked from the site for what you put in a private message with no complaint from the recipient is a level of big brotherish interference that I find suspicious. It's already been highlighted that POF does not adequately protect the personal information of users that it collects. There is such a thing as getting too personal in my opinion, and that's just what POF does. You think it's just to help you find the right match but they are vetting their users.
More PoF Complaints & Reviews
- Plenty Of Fish - fraud and cheating 
- Plenty Of Fish - false advertising - not 100% free online dating service 
- Plenty Of Fish - can't delete account 
- Plenty Of Fish - abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators... 
- Plentyoffish or POF.com - transgender discrimination 
- POF.com / Plenty of Fish - imposter claims to be a doctor and a scammer
- POF.com / Plenty of Fish - pop up gift card
- POF.com / Plenty of Fish - dating site
- POF.com / Plenty of Fish - unethical behavior
- POF.com / Plenty of Fish - scammer using plenty of fish