PoF / Wrongful account suspension

1 Australia Review updated:

POF deleted my account after I sent someone I had been chatting to for ages a slightly naughty message. I had read the recent inbox pertaining to rule changes and altered my conduct accordingly but the next time I went to log in my account was gone and I could not register again. The worst part is that the person I had been chatting with was as interested as I was, and we were verging on meeting. We had not swapped contact information though and as a result I will never hear from that person again. Thanks for wasting my time Markus Frind. Not only did you not help with my search for love, you hindered it. I would advise people to boycott this site. There is no such thing as a free lunch and the administrator comes across as a total control freak. Since when are members on a site treated with such disdain? He/They are marketing to a select crowd and if you don't fit the bill you are out of there. The site is therefore not as useful for finding love as it claims. You will only find people Markus Frind deems acceptable for you to find, and be prepared to have your account privileges revoked without so much as an explanation or a notification.

I also want to add that Markus Frind is taking an active interest in the private messages of users and I find that to be intrusive and unsettling. Being blocked from the site for what you put in a private message with no complaint from the recipient is a level of big brotherish interference that I find suspicious. It's already been highlighted that POF does not adequately protect the personal information of users that it collects. There is such a thing as getting too personal in my opinion, and that's just what POF does. You think it's just to help you find the right match but they are vetting their users.

Jd
May 28, 2013

Comments

• Jd
      28th of May, 2013

Please boycott this site in your efforts to find love, there are better sites such as e-harmony or adult matchmaker and with POF you really get what you pay for, which is nothing.

• Ro
      11th of May, 2014
    POF - Disrimination
    21 Starthistle Ln.
    Phone: 5754397174

pof.com is suppose to be a free dating site. But it actually discriminates against gender and age. It will not allow me to search locally for anyone under 40 to 50's. When I try to do a new search for age limit's 24 to 45 the search comes back at 0 and says "eldest means oldest" and goes too 45 to 55 for review of women. Cannot edit search for younger dates, , is this site intentionally trying to say that I cannot date anyone between ages 24 and 55? I Think consulting a Lawyer who handles these kinds of cases could prove to change this sites discrimination problems. Robert Docken Jr. Alamogordo, NM 88310 (575)439-7174 email robertdocken@yahoo.com

• Tr
      11th of May, 2014

how were you discriminated against?

• Rj
      16th of Oct, 2015

That Markus dude tripping. Stop my upgrade because I had a picture showing my bare torso which had been up there for over a year. It wasn't a problem until I called to complain about something. I want my money back.

• Bi
    POF - assaulted
    pof
    Kansas

i recentley was on a date off pof...and had just recentley joined b the way...and was assaulted..got messed u pretty bad...i was to embarressed to presscharges..but do have medical bills from this...come to find out this person isa registered sex offender...i mean my god..really you guys do zero screening and leave a poor defenseless women to take care of herself, when that person has obvious issues...they dont get better...they just go on to the next...hes still on ur pof website, and i wouldnt ever ever do on line dating again...its all about money in yourpocket and nothing. else...disgusted..

1st of Aug, 2016

I agree with Learn to Read. Also be very careful about meeting people online! Watch the Craigslist Killer and you'll think twice!

• Mo
      1st of Aug, 2016

I have to agree strongly, there are no background checks on these people, very very DANGEROUS, they lie, con, looking to benefit thereslves takeing advangage of people, i would say maybe 1 out of 1, 000 are being truthful about themselves. please please be careful... they con you and you can get hurt, or even worst. remember one can get on this site.. alot of sick nasty twisted people seek these sites out, it's not advisable if you are looking for honest dating and relationship. very very DANGEROUS!!! REMEMBER THAT FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>>>>