PlayPhone / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I was reviewing my cell phone bill and noticed that I had a surcharge for Ringtones from Playphone. Since I never use the ringer or download anything I knew that I didn't signup for the service. So I call my cell provider (Sprint) which couldn't do anything. So I tried to get a hold of the company directly. That is when the nightmare began. I called them and there phone prompt system is a beast to get thru. I spent at least 30 minutes trying to get a hold of someone. I finally get a hold of someone for them to tell me that I must have signed up for the service. I told them not possible. They now want me to send my bills over showing that they charged me. My concern why should I have to do that when it is fraud and fraud on the level of interstate fraud. Also with accounting systems they have checks in balances. If you bill something out referencing my account number you should be able to look it up otherwhise how do you know that I paid my bill. Also why do have to wait for them to decide if it is creditable and wait for them to send me a check. I look at it like you billed me thru my cellphone carrier you can credit me the same way.

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Mar, 2009

I to am currently trying to get my money back from them! I have been fighting with this company since Dec 08!! I also have my account through Sprint and they told me the same thing and gave me a number to call. I had to fax them a copy of my bills where they charged my account. Well, I did receive a check for 2 months. Then I got my cell bill and there it was again another charge after they assured me that they canceled the account. I fought again with them through emails. Now they said I got my check and cashed it so they dont owe me anything else!! So, I just emailed them tonight and told them that they charged me for 2 more months and I prove it to them by faxing the bills. So, we'll see if I get a refund check for 2 months. I am really pissed over all of this. They have no problem charging you but its like going through a act of congress to get your money!!