Plato's Closet / scam

1 Alberta, Canada

I took some bags of clothing into Plato's Closet, and the "manager" ended up picking out 1 pair of pants. She told me that they can sell them for $12 so she could give me $4.25 for them. She said many of the clothes she said were "old" and "outdated." She proceeded to tell me that certain name brands did not sell and didn't have a "high turnover rate." I had a sweater in there that I hadn't even worn yet that I bought just after Christmas and she passed by that! The receipt was still in the bag! I showed her a dress that they had on the hanger that looked way older than the one I had in my pile. My dress was a beautiful royal blue with a bright white floral print on it and I took good care of it. The one on the rack was yellowing and looked about 30 years old! EVERYTHING in that store screamed old... She ever so genuinely offered to take the clothes to "Bibles for Missions" for me... I said I would take them because I suspect that they don't actually donate them... they tell you that they "can't" sell them, and when you leave they put a price on them so they don't have to pay you anything. I also suspect that if the clothes go past a certain size, or if you don't fit into their acceptable descriptive criteria, they won't do much for you. A worst case of "Pretty Woman Syndrome" that I've ever seen. Winmark should be taking a look at this site and realizing that their whole plan of "cash for goods" is quickly being discovered as a scam, and anyone who happily supports their business is just as dishonest and crooked as they are. Anyone in their right mind knows its all a farce. Its discriminating and false advertising. A waste of time, energy, money and gas... Its only a matter of time before someone with a conscience and the power does something about them.

Ms