Plato's Closet / bad customer service

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I recently decided to go through my closet and sell back a few items to Platos Closet. My clothes were gently worn and name-brand. Included in the items I took were a few pairs of awesome heels (all name brand), which had only been worn twice because of the size being too small. Estimated wait time was well over an hour, but since I had some time to kill I figured I'd just browse through some of the items. Nearly two hours later my items were ready and here comes the shocker!! They had the nerve to tell me my clothes were out of date and the shoes were too worn. OK really..the clothes they had in the store were old, out of date and non-named brand. The shoes had the heel taps gone, toes worn out and totally out of date. I work in a shoes store so I'm fully aware of the current styles. What really gets me..who decided to purchase the crap they have in the store??? That person clearly didnt understand the meaning of "gently worn". I will NEVER SELL OR SHOP at that place again!! I'd rather set up my own yard sell get a few $ for my clothes/shoes. I just dont understand how the make an money with their current buying policy???

Comments

• Jj
      27th of Jun, 2014

Plato's employees have very bad customer service. This was my first time going to Plato's Closet-Grove City, OH, and I dropped off one basket full of cloths. I knew of every piece of clothing that I put in my basket beforehand. When I came to pick it up, they passed on what was supposedly ALL my items. However, a few hours later I discovered that two of my pieces of clothing were missing. I immediately contacted the store to report this matter, but my complaint was quickly dismissed. The employees were very rude and unprofessional, keeping on hold for 15 minutes at a time; trying to make me feel as if I did not know what I was talking about. This is definitely not about the money; it's the principality that somebody (an employee) would have the audacity to steel my cloths. It was not handled in a professional matter by management. I will definitely never come back as a customer again!

• Bm
      2nd of Oct, 2014

I agree, the Alpharetta, hwy store in Alpharetta, GA. stinks of worn outdated clothes. They will take all of your items and offer you $15.00 and they have horrible atttitudes. No Thanks!