Plato's Closet / bad for business!! plato's closet? more like pandora's closet

1 Ridgeland, MS, United States

I call BS on the business practices of the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS!!! My experience was next to horrible. In my opinion, the only thing that should be taken into consideration when purchasing clothes from a donor is the value/worth of the clothes themselves. When I went into the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS, I was instantly sized up from head to toe. It was a very eerie feeling, however, I chose to proceed with my donations. I eventually left my clothes there and returned back 2 hours later to see what they took vs. not. [I had three bags sorted accordingly with shoes, shirts/dresses, and jeans. I had a pair of True Religion jeans as well as other designer apparel. Most of my pieces even had the tags on them.] Needless to say, when I returned I was told that ALL of my items had been rejected. Initially, I thought surely with the poor selection in the store they would have taken a few of my items. The girl who checked my bag [who was also the manager of the store] had a grin on her not so slim looking face the entire time. The card stated that my items where rejected due to wear, non-teen items, and where out of season by 2 years. I call absolute BS!! What wear? Out of season? To items that were recently bought, never worn, and still had the tags on them? OK gotcha! Even another sales clerk apologized, she couldn't believe it either. Several other customers who saw me come in with my items were shocked they did not take anything. I say this not as a angry customer seeking a resolution. I believe in the value of my things, and I know they will be bought one way or another. It was Plato's who missed out on that one. The purpose of this complaint is to notify ALL Plato's stores, [especially the one in Ridgeland, MS] to alert their team about good business practices. It is not right to pass on a person's merchandise due to personal bias. That can be bad for a business that is so largely based on individual donations. The better the clothes, the better the profit. Rid your stores of these people, so you won't have to do a promo every other week to get rid of your merchandise like the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS. It just doesn't add up. I absolutely won't be back to Plato's in Ridgeland, MS and won't encourage others to go either.

Sc