Plato's Closet / bad associates

Brookfield, United States Review updated:

I went to Plato's Closet with my friend. My friend donated 2 brand new designer items, and she only got $7.50!! I took a bag of old clothes, and they didn't take a single thing!! Apparently the clothes have to be currently in style; they can't even be 1-2 years outdated!!
The girls were b*****s, and the girl who checked us out (I'm pretty sure her name was Sarah Carlson, and she went to my high school), asked my friend if she wanted to buy her own sunglasses just because she was holding them! And the girls are not one to judge clothes, because she had hair that was dyed brown in the front and blonde in the back, and she was wearing the same pink sweatshirt that I've always seen her in. It was completely ridiculous, and needless to say, I won't be going back there again.

Em
Apr 8, 2014

Comments

• Re
      8th of Apr, 2014

Of course Plato's Closet only wants the latest styles and specific brands. They also want them to be in a certain condition. As far as what the employee looked like, what difference does that make. Apparently the girls have been trained to judge the clothes, regardless of how they look. Just because you see her in the same shirt, doesn't mean she wears it consistently. A used merchandise store isn't going to buy products for the price that a person paid for them new, not even anywhere near that. If they did that they wouldn't make any profit.