Planet Fitness / compounding charges

1 Orange Park, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 904-272-2224

Beware of this club!!! They are very vindictive. They first signed my son up without my permission, then 4 months later told me I had to sign a form for him or he would be in trouble. Unfortunately I did but it was in fact them that would have been in trouble. We went to cancel on April 1st and were told to pay 250 to cancel I said, absolutely not, and they said they would continue to charge my card. I quickly cancelled that card but the charges are still compiling. WOW what a crock. They know they were in the wrong but, they will not admit it and are now calling my minor sons cell phone and harrassing him. Amazing people. I am glad I found out who they are before I joined myself.
Sincerely, Darlene

Comments

6th of Nov, 2008

Cassleberry, Florida

Do not join this gym they specifically tell you it is month to month payment, cancel at any time, then they have a personal trainer tell you you can do month to month personal training for an additional fee. When you are ready to just work out on your own they tell you you owe 288 dollars. This place is the biggest scamming gym ever. It is better to just pay more for a reputable gym then go to this gym where they con you into something you did not want.

• Cu
      31st of Oct, 2010

First, your son signed up without YOUR permission, second to cancel, it doesn't cost you a dime.

Nice try lady.

12th of Jun, 2013

company is a joke you can not cancel your membership. i have faxed and signed the forms and they still take money out. dont call the corprate franchise place they will tell you they have nothing to do with it at all. the owner is never avaliable and the smart mouth girl madison is a joke. let me rephrase that i think it is a woman. ahe was rude and has a smart mouth on her. after the two dopes had trouble trying to cancel my account i was told to fax in my cancelation letter which i did. know a month later i find out the fax machine does not print and my accounts are still open. beware of these crooks and madison tells you she is manager and owner but i am second guessing that she has no customer service skills.