Planet Fitness / bogus billing

Planet Fitness
PO Box 610015-Pilgram Station
Phone: 718-828-9404
My Son joined the US Marines on January 20, 2009. Before he left for Boot Camp he cxl'd his memebership at Planet Fitness. However they continue to bill him and charge him late and services fee. He left with a zero balance and now they have an outstanding balamce of $180.00. We have called them and told him that my son cxl'd his memebership, that he is in Boot camp, and that they should not be charging them. They just ignore our phone calls, are refuse to respond to any of our inquiries...all they keep doing is charging him and adding late fees. This is disgarcefull that they are allowed to continue to do this especially to someone who is serving their country.

A  24th of Apr, 2009 by
Planet Fitness is the worst. I cancelled my membership with them 3 years ago with a 0 balance. Didn't hear one peep for three years. Then all the sudden last month got a bill from them saying I owe them $80. I called to resove issue and now will have to spend my precious freetime writing them nasty letters until they back off. I plan in reporting them to every consumer, bbb possible. I hope they go out of business. They suck.
A  3rd of Dec, 2009 by
Hey Mr Martone these people are really deceitful. Sad what they are doing to a Marine like your son. Try to write a certified letter with return receipt mentioning all your attempts to cancel and keep copies of everything. Hopefully it will work.

Planet Fitness Logo Planet Fitness