Pino Tile / Mohawk Credit Program / Scam and rip off!

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

I went into the store and ordered tile. My original intent was to pay by the credit terms that PINO TILE and Mohawk flooring offered. A PINO TILE REP came out and measured. Days later the workers came out to install the tile. A couple days later they were done. Myself and a friend( that I had watch the house while the installers were there) Talked to who we thought was the PINO TILE FOREMAN (He was actually a sub contractor) He said we needed to pay him in full. cash or check/ I paid almost $3000.00 in cash and check. YES I had them mark it on the receipt.

A year passes and I got a letter from the Mohaw Credit Card Company they said I owe them $2900.00 for the materials purchased from PINO TILE. I advised them that I decided not to go with the credit terms (a year ago, at the time of installation)and I paid cash. I sent them the forms showing the receipt. They charged it back to Pino Tile. Then PINO TILE sent them a letter disputing the charge back.

SO the company sent me a letter stating I owe them almost 3000.00 for the Materials and interest. I asked PINO TILE to contact the sub contractor... magically was no longer in business. I asked for the contractors form stating the job was completed... it also magically was never turned in by the contractor. I have witnesses and a receipt that i paid cash and check... the store didn't even investigate the contractor????

Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
U.S.A.

Va

Comments

• Pi
      21st of Mar, 2008

Pino Tile & Carpet - Florida's Largest
    Flooring Retailer
    Defends Itself!

The Pino story began 27 years ago and continues as a thriving business today with customer service as a top priority. The business continues to make offering the lowest prices, biggest selection and on going commitment to superior customer service a top priority. With 11 locations statewide, it's a philosophy that works. Our success comes from hiring knowledgeable salespeople and experienced installers who take pride in what they do, and we back it up with a full warranty. Pino Tile & Carpet is fully equipped to serve as the only source you need for flooring so make us the first place you call! Make us the last. Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Pino promises that every customer shall receive:
    · Expert flooring advice from our experienced, friendly, knowledgeable sales staff
    · Free professional in-home estimates, measurements and onsite quotations
    · Free samples upon request
    · Professional installation by fully licensed and insured installers
    · A full year warranty to prove we stand behind our products and services
    · The largest selection of first quality products, lowest prices and superior service
    With that said, in rebuttal to the article posted from Fort Lauderdale, FL, we would like to outline our position as follows:

Upon learning of this matter, the Pino Tile & Carpet Customer Service Manager launched an immediate and thorough investigation of the claims set forth. Our findings were: Fort Lauderdale, Fl purchased flooring material and paid with Pino Tile & Carpet’s convenient no interest for six months credit card. As with all of Pino Tile & Carpet’s subcontracted installations, labor is due upon completion. At no time, do Pino Tile & Carpet sub-contractors, accept payment for materials as they are only paid for labor. This information has been supplied to Fort Lauderdale, FL on the signed Flooring Installation Agreement on 08/03/2006.

Additionally, the credit card company launched an investigation of the facts. The documents that Fort Lauderdale, Fl supplied, were not sufficient to warrant any reversals.

As Pino Tile & Carpet’s continued success depends largely on positive word of mouth from our loyal customers, we take such accusations very seriously.

• Cr
      4th of Sep, 2010

The Pino tile store I went to went out of business. But before they did the Manager apologized. This instance was not the first he's heard of when it comes to the sub contractors. Pino tile Corporate failed to provide the names of the sub contractors and said they were unable to be located and the owner of the subcontractor company was deceased.

Hence, I'm stuck with the floor not being completed and I'm charged with the purchase price.