Pimsleur Approach / Fraudulent Billing scam

CA, United States Review updated:

I tried a $9.95 foreign language CD and instead was later sent a $256 collection of additonal CDs that I did not order. This is a total scam that I complained, as did my wife, by several phone calls. When you call to complain they talk over you and claim you have to pay or they will ruin your credit rating and send you to collections. It is a major scam. They know exactly what they are doing and should be arrested and sent to prison for terrorizing people who are simply trying a low cost product but instead give a credit card number that Pimsleur's marketing system terrorizes you with. Their plan is to get your credit card number then bill you with limitless charges for all kinds of things they know you did not order.

Comments

• Gi
      24th of Apr, 2012

I also signed up for the trial. On my first credit card statement they charged me three times for the "automatic membership". No joy calling to complaint. They just talk without listening, no concern on their part. They got their money and that seems to be all they're interested in. What a rip-off!

• Mc
      12th of Jul, 2012

Write a letter of complaint to the Attorney General of your state. Also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Philadelphia, PA (a city in which this company does business). If you call the company again, inform them you are recording the conversation and as calmly as possible, even if you have to talk over them, inform them you did not ask to be enrolled in their Rapid Fluency Program and demand to be removed. Finally, call your credit card company and file a complaint with them. In many cases, the card company will take over fighting the dispute for you and remove the charge from your account.

• Lo
      17th of Feb, 2013

They charged me three times without billing notice, order number is not the original with wrong order date. These information got from my credit card company, Pimsleur is suck.

• Na
      4th of Apr, 2013

Have they sent your account to any collecting agency so far?