Pimsleur ApproachInternet Scam

I ordered the $9.95 trial version of the Pimsleur Approach Spanish course. Honestly, I never even got around to opening the box. A little less than a month later I received a "Deluxe Gold Edition" course in the mail. Confused, I went and opened the original box that I received and a note inside congratulated me on enrolling in a rapid fluency program and this "gold course" would be coming as a free 30 day trial. The note also said that I could cancel at any time within the free trial period. I called them that very day to cancel. They kept trying to talk me into keeping it a little longer, offered to make my free trial a few months longer, but I kept saying "no, thanks" so they gave me a code to write on the return box when I shipped it back to them. (Shipping it back to them cost over $25 by the way!) Three months later, thinking that I've wiped my hands of this mess, I'm going through my bank statements and guess what? They had been charging me for the last two months for something I sent back to them months ago! I even have confirmation that they received the returned product! What the heck!?! I had to go to my bank to dispute the charges and get a new card (most people know what a pain that can be, changing all your automatic payments and such) While I was there the clerk tried calling the phone number associated with this automatic withdrawal the Pimsleur people had on my account, and it turns out that it wasn't even a correct phone number! Yeah, pretty sure this is a scam. Oh, and just for clarification, this isn't necessarily the Pimsleur Approach peoples doing, but the company or website that I ordered from, STROLL. However, Pimsleur can blame Stroll for people like me who are now going to talk crap about their product. After all the stress I went through and all the money I lost, who can blame me? Its not like either party is going to make an attempt to set things straight with me or anyone else who got ripped off. So, I don't recommend buying Pimsleur Approach courses, but most importantly, DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM STROLL!!!

• Pi
    PIMSLEUR FRAUD Jun 19, 2012

This EXACT same thing happened to me. I will never get my money back and I am sickened by this. This is a SCAM! I seriously want to file a class action law suit against these people and I would really like some back up here. I have many friends who are attorneys and said they would take this case. Please please please people, do NOT order anything from STROLL. You will seriously NEVER get your money back and they will steal from you FOREVER.

• Al
    Alekobebe Nov 08, 2012

Alejandro cruz stroll pilsmneur have riping off whit french courses please helpme [email protected] is about $130.00 I dont want these to afect my credit please help...

• Fu
    Full Quiver Dec 11, 2012

If you are 100% serious about this class action suit count me in.

Malcatraz Jan 21, 2013

Me too. When I ordered from them I was in the process of moving. I just got
    A bunch of old mail sent to my house and one of them was from Internet order
    LLC. They said they tried billing my card for 256.00 and it was declined. They told
    me if I don't pay them by the said date (6 months ago) they were going to sent it to collections! I'm losing my mind right now. I worked to hard to keep my
    Credit good I can't afford this. If there's a lawsuit please contact me.

jason2410 Feb 07, 2013

It's amazing how long they can go on doing this kind of fraudulent business and still not in jail. I thought this kind of thing happens only in Nigeria, not in our back yard. I am having a heck of time trying to stopping them from sending me packages that I never agreed to buy.

• To
    Tom M. II Mar 30, 2015

I have the same issue. When I realized after giving my credit card information that it was enrolling me in a program that was much more expensive than the $10 they promised in the video, I called them and recorded the conversation. If there is a class action suit, please post here and I will be glad to join and add my testimony, including how they refused to cancel when I requested, stating that I am living on a budget and they did not make it clear until they got my card information. I eventually had to cancel my credit card because when I thought I was complete with the first set of $64 times 3, then double billed me again. Now they are sending me cards and emails demanding payment, saying I owe another $400-500 in order to close my account. This should be illegal!