Philips Magnavox / No Picture/No Sound/TV will not shut off

Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I paid close to $1, 000.00 for my Magnavox, LCD, HDTV - Smart TV.
Model #26MF/32MF23ID. I trusted the brand name, Magnavox. It has been around for years. So when I bought their TV I thought I had the best tv money could buy. For some reason, I didn't purchase an extended warranty and I also thought my tv would be around for years with no problems, especially since I'm the only one who use it. For the past two years (I blamed it on my cable tv company) my tv screen (on certain channels) started going black and after a minute or two the picture came back and I also noticed that the tv would not turn off with the remote control nor would it shut down by manually pressing the power button. So I believed all the problems came from the cable company hardware that was connected to my tv. So I let it go. Now I'm sitting in my home listening to the radio until I can have my tv fixed or replaced. I prefer to buy a new tv. I am so hurt by this. I take really good care of anything I spend money on. I will be filing a complaint with the proper authorities.

Comments

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    Philips Magnavox - no power
    Milford
    Delaware

I purchased a Magnavox 37" LCD tv from walmart in the fall of 2006. December of 2008, the tv started taking 20-30 minutes to power on. By the end of January it would not power on at all. Looking online for solutions to the problem led me to numerous complaint boards about LCD tv's of all sizes from this company. Obviously, one of their parts is to blame, and they should institute an immediate recall!

• Wa
      31st of Jul, 2009

Do you still have the TV?

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ar
      26th of Aug, 2009
    Philips Magnavox - Stay away
    Philips Magnavox
    magnavox.com

Oh this company has good advertising techniques. It sell this Philip's Magnavox 17MD255V LCD TV (17") for less expensive and attractive design. My cousin bought it for cheap price from what I got another LCD TV which is more expensive; but thank god it is really good what I paid for worthy item. It is still in good working condition plus never had to call anyone for repair of stuff like that so far. Well, the LCD she got was not expensive plus had more feature. I thought of been fooled by my LCD company. But no longer then a month it stopped working suddenly don't know how and why. She tried to hold of dealer even company but they both are irresponsible parties. They are not bothered once the product is sold. So better stay away!

14th of Jul, 2010

i have the same problem with magnavox and they dont care as long as they got our money there happy and were left holding the bag.