Philippine Airlines / no response for outdated plane

CA, United States Review updated:

I am posting this letter I sent to Philippine Airlines management, including the President (since he encourages passengers to write to him), because I have not heard from any of their office.
The emails to PR and customer service departments were not answered.
It does not make sense for a passenger to spend thousands of dollars for services that were not there.
Pictures are attached to judge for yourself.
I would say that there are issues that are acceptable and be deemed understood, but these are not one of them!
A VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE!

Mr. Jamie J. Bautista
President and COO
Philippine Airlines

Mr. Bautista,

I am writing as a response to your Mabuhay magazine message of seeking comments and suggestions on how to continue and improve service for Philippine Airlines.

My wife and I took PR112 from Manila to Los Angeles last Feb. 15, 2012 and we were disappointed to see the deteriorating condition of the plane's interior. The plane is obviously old and outdated. For an international flight, it is totally unacceptable to subject your passengers to these inconveniences:

- Lack of individual entertainment monitors. There was only one small obsolete CRT monitor in front for about 50 to 75 people in our section to share. Another monitor in the middle of the section came down but was not working. It was eventually pulled back up.

- Ripped magazine insert in our seats. I could see that this goes from one seat to another. Very discouraging!

- Some side night lights were busted.

- And more (without pictures) such as condition of bathroom, etc.

The attached pictures are signs of PAL's neglect and inefficiency.

It is difficult to imagine for PAL to be patronized and take its pride as the first airline in Asia if it continues to be like this.

Comments

• Tr
      6th of Apr, 2012

Please check out the pictures at http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/LxxeghIoXtT_DddCCLSF7w?select=hr9uS79itQOQQ6h0lHETFQ#QeYgeiWj35zmadbV4e1iMA

• Bo
      28th of Apr, 2012

I am a frequent flyers of PAL presently on elite status, , lately I travel from Las Vegas to Bacolod on March 29, 2012, , , the flight league
    was okay with little delays, , on my flight back from Bacolod to Las Vegas on April 22, 2012, , my flight from Bacolod to Manila was
    okay I arrived in Manila around 1145 am, , my baggage was tag all the way to Las Vegas, , , I have waited for 5 hours for my flight to Las Vegas PR 106 April 22, 2012, , I arrived in Las Vegas Sunday April 22, 2012, , it was the most pleasant trip since I fly PAL, , , after
    immigration I proceeded to baggage claim till all the baggage came out and one of my check baggage was missing, , they told me the next day that my one of my baggage still in Manila in as much I was very early in Manila on the day of my departure., , they deliver my lost baggage Tuesday evening April24, , and all the perishable food (no meat) that my mother prepare were rotten, that was almost 250$ worth of items wasted.. I just want an answer or why this happen, This is negligence, , hope you give me an answer, , Thank you, , Bobby, , , , my mabuhay number is 008 527 256