Philippine Airlines / no response for outdated plane
I am posting this letter I sent to Philippine Airlines management, including the President (since he encourages passengers to write to him), because I have not heard from any of their office.
The emails to PR and customer service departments were not answered.
It does not make sense for a passenger to spend thousands of dollars for services that were not there.
Pictures are attached to judge for yourself.
I would say that there are issues that are acceptable and be deemed understood, but these are not one of them!
A VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE!
Mr. Jamie J. Bautista
President and COO
I am writing as a response to your Mabuhay magazine message of seeking comments and suggestions on how to continue and improve service for Philippine Airlines.
My wife and I took PR112 from Manila to Los Angeles last Feb. 15, 2012 and we were disappointed to see the deteriorating condition of the plane's interior. The plane is obviously old and outdated. For an international flight, it is totally unacceptable to subject your passengers to these inconveniences:
- Lack of individual entertainment monitors. There was only one small obsolete CRT monitor in front for about 50 to 75 people in our section to share. Another monitor in the middle of the section came down but was not working. It was eventually pulled back up.
- Ripped magazine insert in our seats. I could see that this goes from one seat to another. Very discouraging!
- Some side night lights were busted.
- And more (without pictures) such as condition of bathroom, etc.
The attached pictures are signs of PAL's neglect and inefficiency.
It is difficult to imagine for PAL to be patronized and take its pride as the first airline in Asia if it continues to be like this.
More Philippine Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Philippine Airlines - request of refund disregarded 
- Philippine Airlines - lost baggage 
- Philippine Airlines - no refund 
- Philippine Airlines - double charge 
- Philippine Airlines - rude flight attendants 
- Philippine Airlines - baggage mishandling
- Philippine Airlines - delayed flight
- Philippine Airlines - ineffective ticketing personnels
- Philippine Airlines - pal employee 
- Philippine Airlines - customer service / seat reservation