Philippine Airlines — filthy airplane
On December 21st myself and my wife traveled from LAX to Sydney with a layover in Manila. Flights were with Philippine Airlines. We arrived in Sydney on December 22nd after almost 25 hours of travel on a filthy airplane (cover on the back of the seat infront of both of us was falling off and looked like multiple pieces of chewing gum stuck behind it), the TV was not working in our section of the plane from LAX to Manila (notified air hostess and advised there was nothing they could do, advised radio was an option) and to top it off the pillows we were given on the plane were filthy, appeared to be blood on the pillows, we checked multiple before finding two that appeared clean. We obviously took photos of all these details. On arrival in Sydney we discovered our baggage was lost. 4 days later they showed up, after Christmas day (so no presents for the family on December 25th!!!) and Philippine airlines solution was to offer us $76 (Australian dollars), in Sydney this didnt even cover the basic needs e.g. toothbrushs, clean underwear etc...
I travel several times a year internationally and this was by far the worst experience i have ever had with an airline... Really really bad experience on 4 very bad but expensive flights. for both of us these flights cost $5K (US dollars!!) After this experience I would strongly recommend anyone to avoid this airline and stick with the main players like United... they are not much more expensive and you will not have to worry about your health!...
Thesen guys should really consider tidying up these planes.
Photos are attached
More Philippine Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Philippine Airlines - request of refund disregarded 
- Philippine Airlines - lost baggage 
- Philippine Airlines - no refund 
- Philippine Airlines - double charge 
- Philippine Airlines (PAL) - lost & found 
- Philippine Airlines - baggage mishandling
- Philippine Airlines - delayed flight
- Philippine Airlines - request for electronic copy of boarding pass
- Philippine Airlines - credit card charged but not ticket issued
- Philippine Airlines - ineffective ticketing personnels